LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Fallyn (Offline)
New to JF

12-15-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
In my country Christmas is not as celebrated as in most other countries. New year's eve however is really popular and ends in a total firework mess (note: my country allows private fireworks).
We don't get to have fireworks in my state well much at least, they think we'll destroy the town, city whatever. Real a@@es if you ask me. They made practically everything illegal. >.< Of course that doesn't stop us (yep including me) from getting bottle rockets, black cats, rockets the works. Only people who work w/the government can have the fun stuff. The 4th of July is our firework party, last days before and days after. Christmas is pretty important too, more so this year than in a long time I think because of the lovely economy which is crap. So people are hoping theres a miracle.

Alas Happy Holidays and a lovely New Year to everyone. ^^

“Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist.” ~Epicurus
(#12 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-15-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
In my country Christmas is not as celebrated as in most other countries. New year's eve however is really popular and ends in a total firework mess (note: my country allows private fireworks).
It's not celebrated that much in Australia as a religous occassion, but more of a fun occassion and a break from the working year.

Of course, if you have children, the importance becomes more apparant.

New Year is also massive in Australia, and it is a real looked forward to occassion for me with plans already down

Cheers - Oz
(#13 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

12-15-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Look on the bright side, if you get the to urge to trample somebody you'll have a good excuse to do so.
unless some jerk beats me to it...grrr...lol

i do admit i do get all "Bah! Humbug"-like when it comes to the materialistic side of the winter holiday season...what would i give to see my dad & siblings for more than just the holidays, you know?

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-15-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
A little bit too soon. Don't you think?
Nope. Well into the swing of the season here in Australia..

I didn't look at your location but we may be a little more forward in time than you.

Cheers - Oz
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-15-2009, 02:43 AM

Ahh... christmas time... love, joy, presents and the smell of gingerbread in the air.
I hate it.

... though the gingerbread cookies are great.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-15-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Ahh... christmas time... love, joy, presents and the smell of gingerbread in the air.
I hate it.

... though the gingerbread cookies are great.
That's the spirit..

I can smell that lovely baked Turkey already

Cheers - Oz
(#17 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
Bah!

Humbug.

I don't get what all the commotion is about. I've never celebrated Christmas due to parents. Damn annoying having the whole nation wide and buzzing for something which is a normal day for me >.<
I know the feeling, though for the reverse reasons! Having left Christianity about age 9, I spent a lifetime with this season's BS being forced upon me. At least now I no longer have my family around to lay the guilt trips on if I decline to participate in something I do not believe in (nor approve of the way it is commercialized). But I still have to deal with the media blitz and people who should know better wishing me "Merry Christmas".

What ever happend to WINTER SOLTICE, people?!?!?!

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-15-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
It's not celebrated that much in Australia as a religous occassion, but more of a fun occassion and a break from the working year.

Of course, if you have children, the importance becomes more apparant.

New Year is also massive in Australia, and it is a real looked forward to occassion for me with plans already down
The reason my country does that is because during the 80s it was under a dictatorship regime, and the dictator never liked religion so he put the importance on New Year's Eve more than Christmas.

However, since the early 90's we changed to a democratic country but it still stood the same way.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
The reason my country does that is because during the 80s it was under a dictatorship regime, and the dictator never liked religion so he put the importance on New Year's Eve more than Christmas.

However, since the early 90's we changed to a democratic country but it still stood the same way.

Just eating breakfast reading that.. Very interesting.

Cheers - Oz
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
12-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
I know the feeling, though for the reverse reasons!
*** I decline to participate in something I do not believe in (nor approve of the way it is commercialized). But I still have to deal with the media blitz and people who should know better wishing me "Merry Christmas".

What ever happend to WINTER SOLTICE, people?!?!?!
I could sign under it and call it my own.