JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Should Nagoyankee be promoted to Moderator status?
Yes 33 91.67%
Yes 11 30.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-30-2009, 12:30 PM

I agree. He's got his language skills sorted, but he's not able to see from different angles, as some others are, and would make a fairly biased mod, regardless he's a great person.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#52 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-30-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesselt View Post
This completely ignores the fact that some members are much more productive and useful than other members. Most people on this forum don't contribute anything except their opinion; Nagoyankee actually contributed to the language section and helped a lot of us in immeasurable ways. It is a big deal that he has left because for every 100 users here there is only 1 native Japanese speaker, and an even smaller amount of native speakers who can also fluently speak and explain things in English.
I am not saying he didn't help.

He did. Fair enough.

But, it's still a forum. It's like that this is life to them. Like, if a person leaves, then you won't see them again. Nothing of the sort.

Stop making a huge deal out of something that really, in the long run, wouldn't matter.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
12-30-2009, 06:16 PM

I'm ALL for voting Nagoyankee to the language section.
Is the thread with the argument still open? I haven't been here for a while. Could someone maybe give me an update?

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
SceptileMaster (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-30-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aota View Post
I'm ALL for voting Nagoyankee to the language section.
Is the thread with the argument still open? I haven't been here for a while. Could someone maybe give me an update?
It was getting out of hand so MMM closed it.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

12-31-2009, 09:54 AM

Uh, not mod discussions again.

Anyway, I think it's a great shame if Nagoyankee has indeed left for good. He was an asset to the language section, and he wasn't a moderator so if he wanted to have his own opinions, then why not?