JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Should Nagoyankee be promoted to Moderator status?
Yes 33 91.67%
Yes 11 30.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-27-2009, 05:03 AM

Though now it seems he has quit because he doesn't like a certain user. As a mod, I wish he would have discussed that decision with me first. Maybe he informed other mods that his feelings were so strong he couldn't feel like he could stay with the site, but I was in the dark and disappointed to see that.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-27-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Though now it seems he has quit because he doesn't like a certain user. As a mod, I wish he would have discussed that decision with me first. Maybe he informed other mods that his feelings were so strong he couldn't feel like he could stay with the site, but I was in the dark and disappointed to see that.
I may not know the whole story, but if he really left because of an argument with a certain member, then that's very childish of him.

About the whole mod thing, I think it would be the right thing for him to be the mod of the language section, that it would save him the time he spends reporting spamers and arguing with those who have no knowledge of Japanese language.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-27-2009, 05:18 PM

I had no idea that Nagoyankee had gone. He was one of the most helpful members here. He's helped me quite a bit of times, especially with Japanese letter writing. His being mod of the language section (which I'm sure I nominated him for when new mods were being picked), was a good choice.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I may not know the whole story, but if he really left because of an argument with a certain member, then that's very childish of him.

About the whole mod thing, I think it would be the right thing for him to be the mod of the language section, that it would save him the time he spends reporting spamers and arguing with those who have no knowledge of Japanese language.
Arguing in what sense? Was he giving constructive criticism, or was he just being a preachy/know-it-all type of person? Or was it that the people who didn't know anything about the language were saying that they were right, that he was wrong, blah blah blah?

The fact that you say that you find him leaving the site because of a certain user is childish contradicts the fact that you think he should moderate the language section, and to me, I think it's good that he left if he couldn't take a certain person anymore; had he been a mod for that section, I feel that some people might have be banned just because he didn't like them, or because he got a bad impression. With great power comes great responsibility, after all, and if a person can't handle a few idiots, then they are not qualified for that position.

And because I have posted this, some people might get the wrong impression of me, come here and start giving me a hard time when I just want to know the answer to my first question. I'm not attacking him, I'm just asking, and also giving my opinion on the type of person that could be a mod. I know I couldn't be one because I don't have the time, and can't stick to just one place, plus I lack the interest anyway.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-27-2009, 09:45 PM

More importantly, what kind of a poll has two YES's as an option?!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-28-2009, 01:00 AM

Nope.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-28-2009, 01:43 AM

I voted yes.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#8 (permalink))
Old
nobora (Offline)
Fan Ichigou

12-28-2009, 02:40 AM

~~~~yes~~~~~~
(#9 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

12-28-2009, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Nope.
What do you know about Nagoyankee? He has done much more for JF than you ever will.

If you leave, it won't hurt any part of JF, but the language section won't even be the same without Nago.

You won't get none of this, though, as you aren't even interested in Japanese, the most important part of Japanese culture.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-28-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaegu View Post
You won't get none of this, though, as you aren't even interested in Japanese, the most important part of Japanese culture.
You think the language is the most important part of their culture?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…