JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Should Nagoyankee be promoted to Moderator status?
Yes 33 91.67%
Yes 11 30.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

12-28-2009, 07:06 PM

Ah. I read it again, and realized I misread it the first time.
Thank you for saying what he meant.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-29-2009, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonybard View Post
The fact that you say that you find him leaving the site because of a certain user is childish contradicts the fact that you think he should moderate the language section, and to me, I think it's good that he left if he couldn't take a certain person anymore; had he been a mod for that section, I feel that some people might have be banned just because he didn't like them, or because he got a bad impression. With great power comes great responsibility, after all, and if a person can't handle a few idiots, then they are not qualified for that position.
I never said he'd be a good mod. If there was a way to make him a mod, but without the the ability to ban people, then I'd be one first people here shouting 'Nagoyankee should be mod!'.

His low temper well known to me too, but looking for what's best for the members of JF, I thought it's better for him to be a mod rather than continuing this childish drama, besides, just because a majority of members think he should be a mod, doesn't mean he will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihiino View Post
WhoIsDaffy reminds me of another member that was banned though.
Bureda?
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-29-2009, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Several of us have objections to Whoisdaffy...
I disagree. I've talked with the Dafster several times already. I feel I was exposed to the same "racist" talk that you guys might be talking about. If I'm wrong, please explain.

He's not racist, he's just extremely opinionated. If you use calm and logic to get to the heart of his matters, you'll understand them. Maybe not agree with them, but he has a valid point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
...but dealing with a troll mentality is never a reason to leave a forum.
When there's a troll, he should be asked to stop. Failing that, banned permanently.

No one can be expected to stay on a forum so unpleasant as there's a troll spoiling the atmosphere.

Just make sure it really is a troll, however, and not just an extremist individual or such.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-29-2009, 01:01 AM

So Daffy has been banned after all.

How long for, and why?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-29-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
So Daffy has been banned after all.

How long for, and why?
Five days.

For a long diatribe using profanity to insult someone. These posts have been deleted.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-29-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I never said he'd be a good mod. If there was a way to make him a mod, but without the the ability to ban people, then I'd be one first people here shouting 'Nagoyankee should be mod!'.
He could still be a nuisance by deleting people's posts, or editing them. So no, I wouldn't shout that in any possible situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Maybe I should have put 5 yes' just for the "slower" members who didn't get it the first time around.
How about NO?

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?

Last edited by iPhantom : 12-29-2009 at 03:38 AM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-29-2009, 04:24 AM

A lot ado about nothing. It's amazing how emotional an internet "conversation" can become. Meaningless insults and empty threats; tools of the weak minded and weak spirited who take advantage of anonymity because they would never have the courage to say such things face-to-face.

Getting emotional in response to such remarks is nearly as foolish as making them. One must understand that the world is full of the stupid, and paying too much attention to what one or more of the stupid says or does doesn't make you any smarter. What such people think, say, or do, is utterly irrelevant, and life is to short to waste time with them or on them. They'll find their own way (or not) in their own time.

If Nagoyayankee wants to be a mod, that is not anyone's business but Nagoyayankee's. There are few others as well-qualified, but, again, the choice isn't ours to make. I hope Nagoyayankee decides to stay around, there are too few people at this "Japan" forum who are actually in Japan.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-29-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
If Nagoyayankee wants to be a mod, that is not anyone's business but Nagoyayankee's. There are few others as well-qualified, but, again, the choice isn't ours to make. I hope Nagoyayankee decides to stay around, there are too few people at this "Japan" forum who are actually in Japan.
If I remember correctly, mods were always chosen via a poll here. So yeah, you're entirely wrong.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Nagoyankee is a nice guy, and I'm sure he's helped out the language section immensely.

HOWEVER.

I think people here are taking a forum way too seriously. It's a forum, it's where you come to have fun. No one, and I mean, no one should make such a fuss about leaving the forum. No one. You leave, and you come back. Without telling anyone. I think some people on this forum need to step back a bit from the computer, and realise that the forum is a part of the flow of their lives, and not steers their lives.

Really. Seriously. A guy is leaving, get over it. We'll all live.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-29-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
It's a forum, it's where you come to have fun.
And if someone is destroying that fun for you?