JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-27-2010, 06:14 AM

Tell the people at the bar that you were the star of the movie "Borat", you look enough like him that they'll probably believe you, and you might get some free drinks in the bargain.

Stay away from the clubs with Nigerian doormen. Take only enough cash to pay for what you are going to drink, put your credit cards and extra cash in your shoes. Someone else posted here about getting drugged and robbed at a club in Roppongi last week.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Darkeyes34 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Darkeyes34
01-27-2010, 06:34 AM

Just say "Screw all y'all Im having my own party!" Then get some friends, get some booze and get hammered.

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-27-2010, 06:44 AM

You're not 20. That's the end of it. Please don't reflect badly on the rest of us by blatantly flouting the laws of a country you are visiting.

If you MUST drink do it with close personal friends at an apartment or private residence.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-27-2010, 07:39 AM

It really depends on the club. Some check IDs, some don't. Some will let girls in without IDs and not men...
(#15 (permalink))
Old
TokyoMadman (Offline)
Banned

01-27-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
You're not 20. That's the end of it. Please don't reflect badly on the rest of us by blatantly flouting the laws of a country you are visiting.

If you MUST drink do it with close personal friends at an apartment or private residence.
wow is this board full of douche bags or what.

"I dont party"
"try to blend in"
"drink at home"
These guys are pathetic and have lived sad and lonely lives. You are going to be a gaijin in Japan, Don't try to speak the language or learn thier cultures.
white boy gaijin, speaking English. You can get away with murder mate.
You will stand out when in a line for a club, so blending in has about as much point as a chocolate teapot. Your going to stick out, just make sure you stick out with style.
Bouncers won't ID you if you have got more than one female with you.
As for being scared of Nigerian Bouncers. WOW racism much?
Hide your money in your shoe, What kind of pussy does a thing like that. Pathetic. Standard PerSec will stop anyone cloning your cards or spiking your drink.
As for getting into trouble with police when you are drunk.
if you are aprehended only repeat 2 things
1. The address of your hotel
2. "Take me to my embassy ploooise"
if they try to say anything else to you, start talking in German/Austrian, use as much slang as possible so they have no chance of understanding you.
if lucky you will be given a free taxi ride (in cop car) to your hotel.
At worst they leave you alone.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoMadman View Post
wow is this board full of douche bags or what.
Awesome first post, man. Guess what your first line makes YOU look like.

Quote:
Don't try to speak the language or learn thier cultures.
white boy gaijin, speaking English. You can get away with murder mate.
Great advice. Why would you want to learn the language or culture anyway?

Quote:
You will stand out when in a line for a club, so blending in has about as much point as a chocolate teapot. Your going to stick out, just make sure you stick out with style.
You really sound like you know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Bouncers won't ID you if you have got more than one female with you.
Absolutely not true. The girls get in. The boy waits outside.

Quote:
As for being scared of Nigerian Bouncers. WOW racism much?
Then I guess the embassies of the US, England, Australia, etc. are all racist too. They have all issued warnings saying the same thing. These "bouncers" as you call them are hired to get people into their bars/clubs. There are cases where the tourist has his drink spiked and passes out only to have his credit cards then maxed out before he wakes up on the street. Certainly if you live in Japan you are familiar with this.

Quote:
Hide your money in your shoe, What kind of pussy does a thing like that. Pathetic. Standard PerSec will stop anyone cloning your cards or spiking your drink.
The cards aren't cloned. They are swiped, maxed out, and returned to the wallet.

Quote:
As for getting into trouble with police when you are drunk.
if you are aprehended only repeat 2 things
1. The address of your hotel
2. "Take me to my embassy ploooise"
if they try to say anything else to you, start talking in German/Austrian, use as much slang as possible so they have no chance of understanding you.
if lucky you will be given a free taxi ride (in cop car) to your hotel.
At worst they leave you alone.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
TokyoMadman (Offline)
Banned

01-27-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Awesome first post, man. Guess what your first line makes YOU look like.
I tell it like it is.

Quote:
Great advice. Why would you want to learn the language or culture anyway?
Who said don't learn the language, I said don't try to speak the language. Knowledge is power. If people assume you don't speak Japanese, they will speak Japanese infront of you, thinking you can't understand. This has many uses, and lets you easily get girls (not that that is exactly hard in Japan) also lets you avoid trouble

Quote:
You really sound like you know what you are talking about.
Yea I do actually.

Quote:
Absolutely not true. The girls get in. The boy waits outside.
If this has ever happened to you then your sad.
Did your friends leave you?
Club entrance/door security has got to do with the golden ratio of M to F.
If you walk in with 2 girls+ and it is understood that they are going where you are going. You will get in. The more (hot) girls the better. The stronger your hand.

Quote:
Then I guess the embassies of the US, England, Australia, etc. are all racist too. They have all issued warnings saying the same thing. These "bouncers" as you call them are hired to get people into their bars/clubs. There are cases where the tourist has his drink spiked and passes out only to have his credit cards then maxed out before he wakes up on the street. Certainly if you live in Japan you are familiar with this.
Like I said. Standard Levels of Personal Security, will stop any of this happeneing. If your a mong and dumb enough to get your drink spiked. Then your an idiot, and deserve what you get.

Quote:
The cards aren't cloned. They are swiped, maxed out, and returned to the wallet.
That sounds like bolloxs, a VERY easy way to get caught commiting fraud.

Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Yea but I do.
Police don't like dealing with drunk harmless tourists, give them the option to leave you alone and they will.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-27-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I tell it like it is.

Who said don't learn the language, I said don't try to speak the language. Knowledge is power. If people assume you don't speak Japanese, they will speak Japanese infront of you, thinking you can't understand. This has many uses, and lets you easily get girls (not that that is exactly hard in Japan) also lets you avoid trouble

Yea I do actually.

If this has ever happened to you then your sad.
Did your friends leave you?
Club entrance/door security has got to do with the golden ratio of M to F.
If you walk in with 2 girls+ and it is understood that they are going where you are going. You will get in. The more (hot) girls the better. The stronger your hand.

Like I said. Standard Levels of Personal Security, will stop any of this happeneing. If your a mong and dumb enough to get your drink spiked. Then your an idiot, and deserve what you get.

That sounds like bolloxs, a VERY easy way to get caught commiting fraud.

Yea but I do.
Police don't like dealing with drunk harmless tourists, give them the option to leave you alone and they will.
If you think this forum is full of DBs then why waste your time here?

Pretending to not be able to speak Japanese is not going to help you get into any clubs. If anything it will hurt your chances. If there is question in Japan the answer will be "no". If you lived in Japan you would know that.

I was over the age of 20 when I moved to Japan, so I didn't have to sneak into clubs. However I did see guys show up with girls...the girls go straight in and the guy gets IDed. Oops! He doesn't have ID, the girls have already paid and are in, and he is out in the cold. That's how it goes.

I agree with you, if you are dumb enough to go into a Nigerian club after all the embassies have issued warnings about that, then you are an idiot. Not a racist, just an idiot.
Sure, easy to get caught, but somehow it keeps happening. For some reason that club closes down after a good score. Hard to follow.

The police in Japan aren't going to speak English anyway, so there is no point in pretending you don't. Again, if there is a question, the answer is "no".
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

01-27-2010, 12:41 PM

Wow. Just... Wow.

TokyoMadman, get out of my adopted country, if you are still here. If you were, but no longer are, stay out until you can learn how to properly treat a host nation while visiting.

Some of us work very hard to build lives, careers, and families here. And as difficult as it is to make a home in a different country to begin with, it is made all the more difficult when people come in and blatantly look for ways around laws. I didn't advocate abstaining from underage alcoholic consumption, I was advocating being smart about it. It has never been my experience that the Japanese police will ever break down your door looking for underage drinking. Hard drugs maybe, but if you're doing hard drugs, well, again... blatantly flouting laws.

The last time a police officer came to my door it was because I went home from work early because I was sick, and the policeman showed up with medicine! I am fairly certain the school called him. All my other experiences with the police have been wonderful, even when I was in a car accident. They were professional and courteous and showed no anti-foriegner or pro-ethnic Japanese bias.

This is my home. Stop tracking mud on my carpet.

<- AnimeMusicVideos.Org

Last edited by Tsuwabuki : 01-27-2010 at 12:45 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-27-2010, 12:43 PM

I think there is very little reason to think Alpha...I mean WhoIs....I mean TokyoMadman is anywhere near Japan.