JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Toyota may be withholding information on found software bug - 02-04-2010, 06:09 PM

Toyota may be withholding information on new found software bug:
Toyota Recall: Toyota Prius Software Problem - ABC News

Coverup or ignorance; American People and Government wants answers:
Waxman: Toyota Told Us Gas Pedals Were Not the Problem - ABC News

The actual letter:
http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Blott...ntz_100202.pdf

Toyota known about it since 2007 and has stone walled:
Government 'Lackadaisical' in Toyota's Troubles - ABC News

More cases roll in, more sadness and grief.
Toyota Faces Cost of Repairs, Lawsuits - CBS Evening News - CBS News

Last edited by clintjm : 02-05-2010 at 01:03 AM.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-05-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Not enough dead or runined lives for you yet? You are heartless too then.
Take a look at the 3 ABC links I posted, you're answers are there.

You are the one who started saying I relish in the Toyota recall and wanted to see them fail and not fix things. I didn't. You are calling names.

My point is, take what the media is printing seriously on this matter, and for people to stand up and not take this crap anymore. There is no defense to this level of failure at Toyota.
Clint, please. Read what I wrote. I asked you how many were killed and now many lives were ruined, because in the article I read in the front page of yesterday's paper only quoted a couple injuries. I am wondering if things are being blown out of proportion a little. For that you call me heartless.

Clint I am not going to accept that kind of interaction from you or anyone. You say I called you names. I did not. I am not the one calling names, and that kind of debate just leads to cable news style screaming matches that make for nice YouTube clips, but not really for healthy debate.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-05-2010, 01:44 AM

Why do we need this thread? It's just a Debbie Downer example of our world falling apart . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Clint, please. Read what I wrote. I asked you how many were killed and now many lives were ruined, because in the article I read in the front page of yesterday's paper only quoted a couple injuries. I am wondering if things are being blown out of proportion a little. For that you call me heartless.
And I said read my links, or for goodness sake go to a search engine.
You are trying to minimize the situation.
Because you read a newspaper that said there were some recent injuries associated with a Toyota recall make the facts of the lives lost because of this. You say "only quoted a couple of injuries" ... Why did you write this? Do you believe that there are no deaths or lives ruined because of this? Do you only have a proxy to japanforum.com or only able to read the local tabloid? Believe what you want man, you are impossible. I provided the links, and you just stick you head in the sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Clint I am not going to accept that kind of interaction from you or anyone. You say I called you names. I did not. I am not the one calling names, and that kind of debate just leads to cable news style screaming matches that make for nice YouTube clips, but not really for healthy debate.
Whooah hooo ...not going to accept it huh?
People can go back and read your first post to me on the subject saying I'm relishing and hoping for failure of Toyota so they can't fix the problem.

I'm done with you on this.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Toyota Recall spreads to Japan - 02-05-2010, 04:57 AM

"Japan's top business daily Nihon Keizai, however, reported Friday that Toyota will recall 270,000 of the 2010 model Prius in the United States and Japan. The country’s Japan’s Nikkei News Service also reported that. But an official at Japan's transport ministry said the government has yet to receive a recall notice from the carmaker."

This is regarding brake failures.
Its coming for Japan too.
It would be refreshing that Toyota is in full recall mode and not delaying further.

Toyota: ‘Too soon’ to decide about Prius recall - Autos- msnbc.com

"TV Asahi said Toyota will recall the Lexus HS2500h and the Sai, along with the new Prius model."
Toyota to Reportedly Recall Prius Hybrid in U.S., Japan - Auto - FOXNews.com

Last edited by clintjm : 02-05-2010 at 06:35 AM.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-05-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
And I said read my links, or for goodness sake go to a search engine.
I asked the question BEFORE you posted the links. If the opposite were true, then you would have a right to complain. You have no right to call me names for asking a legitimate question.

Quote:
You are trying to minimize the situation.
Since when does asking for details mean I am trying to minimize the situation?

Quote:
Because you read a newspaper that said there were some recent injuries associated with a Toyota recall make the facts of the lives lost because of this. You say "only quoted a couple of injuries" ... Why did you write this? Do you believe that there are no deaths or lives ruined because of this? Do you only have a proxy to japanforum.com or only able to read the local tabloid? Believe what you want man, you are impossible. I provided the links, and you just stick you head in the sand.
I have never heard The Japan Times called a "local tabloid" but since what I read there and what you said conflicted I asked you for clarification. Apparantly that is a crucifiable offense. Again...you provided the links AFTER I asked the question.

Quote:
Whooah hooo ...not going to accept it huh?
People can go back and read your first post to me on the subject saying I'm relishing and hoping for failure of Toyota so they can't fix the problem.

I'm done with you on this.
I said it seemed to me like you were relishing in Toyota's problems because you wanted to seem them BBQ'ed in the media. I don't think that is something I need to back down on, as it still seems true.

But I am going to happily try and exit this "discussion" as it isn't really my style.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 02-05-2010, 04:03 PM

the NTSB 'National Transportation Saftey Board' in the United States has done over 6 investigations concerning Toyota- specifically regarding Toyota and it's 'problematic' accelerator pedal- litigation concerning 'failure' of Toyota's accelerator pedal date back as far as 2003' -2004'.
For the record concerning reported accidents for this 'gas pedal failure' -265 reported accidents
and 18 deaths.

This only applies to US customers and only the 'accelerator pedal' problem.
Two other recalls involving Toyota apply to floor mat and failure in brake over-ride system.
sources NTSB,NYT,Bloomberg,Auto World
(#38 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-05-2010, 11:22 PM

May they rest in peace and I hope this is an eye opener to Toyota.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

As expected: - 02-23-2010, 12:54 AM

Interesting story and possibly more to come:

Will 'Toyota Defense' Free Jailed Man? - Nightline's Daily Line

The video of the story:

Toyota Flaws Could Free Convict - ABC News

Also criminal charges ahead for Toyota as President and CEO Testify :

Toyota Misled Public Over Recalls Say Politicians As Firm Is Ordered To Reveal Defect Record | Business | Sky News

Testify:
washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

(Interesting to see the Bridgestone / Firestone File photo back from 2000 with this piece).
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Michelle1968 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 02-24-2010, 12:45 AM

My mom owns a Toyota and like a friend of mine said years ago after buying a Toyota, "you never see a Toyota broken down on the side of the road".