JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
clintjm's Avatar
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 402
Join Date: Aug 2009
04-08-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when is acknowledging the people in attendance bad form? That is standard protocol, Clint. Since when has being calm and collected a negative attribute for the American leader?

Would you want him crying into the cameras? Should he be slamming his fists into the podium?

Imagine the field day Rush Limbaugh would have if our president were to lose his cool or shed a tear?

You are a part of a no win argument. You know it. He knows it. So he is doing what is correct, knowing that people will criticize him for it.

Again, petty, petty, arguments.


The CBO has predicted the bill will actually help reduce the deficit. That is different than 1 trillion. I don't anyone can possibly know what the actual costs will be, because we are talking about predicted costs, but the numbers are dramatically different depending on who you talk to.
The fact is he was giving shout-outs, smiles, and talking about the great work accomplished before talking about a horrific disaster. He should go right into and then rush right off to get an update. The fact that he didn't shows it wasn't important to him, a low priority, it was something he had to do.

If this is "standard protocol" then the bull shite does walk.

I don't remember any president ever doing such a thing. I don't remember president Reagan giving shout outs after the Challenger Disaster. I don't remember Clinton talking about his conquests when announcing our involvement in going into Kosovo.

I said I would take tears or anger over what he calls leadership in a moment of crisis. He could really care less. The fact is I believe pass presidents, including Clinton and both Bush presidents, did care when such disasters or pending disasters with Americans occurred.

建前 comes to mind everytime I see or hear Obama speak.... with good reason.

The videos and past lies speak for themselves.

Rush probably would , like the majority of Americans, because its obvious from these videos and countless other reason that no one really trusts or believes him. The fact that you even bring this possibility up gives me the belief that even you wouldn't believe it. From his politics we also don't believe he has all of the American people and the people in the military in his best interest.

The CBO estimate was only preliminary before the DOC fix and the extra IRS employement and ammendments. And of course... the CBO hasn't got the greatest track record on accuracy.

Where is that polling data MMM? I want to see my charts upside down and how wrong those numbers I posted were. Tell me more about the crazy Tea Party. Even CNN is turning on you. I wonder if the administration is going to ban them like FOX.

Tell me again how "I know I get this" "you are smarter than this Clint" "you are a part of a no win argument" and that I'm "petty petty petty".... maybe you'll make your argument stronger.
Reply With Quote
(#72 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
04-08-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
The fact is he was giving shout-outs, smiles, and talking about the great work accomplished before talking about a horrific disaster. He should go right into and then rush right off to get an update. The fact that he didn't shows it wasn't important to him, a low priority, it was something he had to do.
Are you actually serious? You are examining this more closely than Miss Manners. No whistle, no foul. Sorry, Clint, but we both have bigger fish to fry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
If this is "standard protocol" then the bull shite does walk.
Reagan never lost his cool. Bush I didn't lose his cool. Clinton never lost his cool. But for some reason the fact that Obama shows leadership by not losing his cool makes him a poor leader. The logic escapes me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
I don't remember any president ever doing such a thing.
Again, so he is a poor leader because he can keep it together? This is the last I will comment on something so ingratiatingly petty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
I said I would take tears or anger over what he calls leadership in a moment of crisis.
No you wouldn't.

You would send him up the flagpole for losing his cool and not being a leader in a time of crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
He could really care less.
That is a bold and baseless statement. Do you really think he doesn't care? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
The fact is I believe pass presidents, including Clinton and both Bush presidents, did care when such disasters or pending disasters with Americans occurred.
Statements like this are borderline offensive. Now the president doesn't even have human emotions? He is like a robot?

This is the what gets the tea party followers into situations where they are making threats to people as they don't see them as human anymore. (And don't call them Tea Partiers. The tea party movement is not a political party. They just use the term "tea party" but that is different from a political party.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
建前 comes to mind everytime I see or hear Obama speak.... with good reason.


The videos and past lies speak for themselves.
Yes. You have trained yourself to be critical of everything this president does. Good or bad. You are a member of a large group of people that nit-picks ever move our president makes. I would say pull out, look at the big picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post

Rush probably would , like the majority of Americans, because its obvious from these videos and countless other reason that no one really trusts or believes him.
Reread your own sentence and tell me if you actually think it is based in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
The fact that you even bring this possibility up gives me the belief that even you wouldn't believe it. From his politics we also don't believe he has all of the American people and the people in the military in his best interest.
Again...no win. Pulls out of Iraq and Afghanistan...he loses. Follows Bush's policies...he loses. You are a part of the perfect debate team that is all naysaying and little substance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
The CBO estimate was only preliminary before the DOC fix and the extra IRS employement and ammendments. And of course... the CBO hasn't got the greatest track record on accuracy.
No one has the greatest track record in history because we are talking about future estimate of things that haven't happened.

All I am saying is that when you hear this 1 trillion number said with such concrete actuality and don't question it, you are being as blind as you think I am being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Where is that polling data MMM? I want to see my charts upside down and how wrong those numbers I posted were. Tell me more about the crazy Tea Party. Even CNN is turning on you. I wonder if the administration is going to ban them like FOX.
I am glad you are aware that CNN is moving to the right. Tea partiers are popular news.

I simply said that your source was not Gallup but was a conservative polling group. Their numbers tend to be lower than non-partisan pollers. They have been criticized for asking leading questions.

But why not post this pic



Same source, different answer, and puts Obama at just under 50%.

The last Gallup Poll rating (ending 4/6) has Obama's approval rating at 50% and disapproval rating at 46%. That's Gallup and that's your numbers upside down. The (conservative) Washington Post has his approval rating at 53% and disapproval at 43%. That's Washington Post and your numbers upside down. You asked for it and you got it.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Tell me again how "I know I get this" "you are smarter than this Clint" "you are a part of a no win argument" and that I'm "petty petty petty".... maybe you'll make your argument stronger.
I guess I was wrong. Maybe you don't get this, and maybe you are not smarter than this, Clint.

Last edited by MMM : 04-08-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#73 (permalink))
Old
clintjm's Avatar
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 402
Join Date: Aug 2009
04-08-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are you actually serious? You are examining this more closely than Miss Manners. No whistle, no foul. Sorry, Clint, but we both have bigger fish to fry.
Reagan never lost his cool. Bush I didn't lose his cool. Clinton never lost his cool. But for some reason the fact that Obama shows leadership by not losing his cool makes him a poor leader. The logic escapes me. Again, so he is a poor leader because he can keep it together? This is the last I will comment on something so ingratiatingly petty. You would send him up the flagpole for losing his cool and not being a leader in a time of crisis. That is a bold and baseless statement. Do you really think he doesn't care? Really?Statements like this are borderline offensive. Now the president doesn't even have human emotions? He is like a robot?
You are deflecting my point with talking about how he kept his cool and showed no emotion.
(But I expect nothing less).

That is not my point. It is about shout outs and pep rallying before flipping the page to read a disaster; not like previous presidents.

Anyone can watch that video and have dis-taste for the man. Its like getting up at a Funeral to give a eulogy but do a commercial or a comedy routine before doing the Eulogy.

From the two videos Fort Hood and West VA. I don't think he could really care less.

Well at this point I'm repeating myself, so I will just link to my previous posts in this thread.
The videos speak for themselves and this is why I have little respect for him; not for the office of the president.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is the what gets the tea party followers into situations where they are making threats to people as they don't see them as human anymore. (And don't call them Tea Partiers. The tea party movement is not a political party. They just use the term "tea party" but that is different from a political party.)
hahahaaa here it is from Lib Media central!
Those tea partiers are threatening everyone...
I think the 100K reward is still avaialble for anyone who caught these lies on tape.
And of course any wacko that does threaten a Dem is surely with the Tea Party.
Just as every Dem who threatens and Repblican rep is obviously with the DNC or coffee group. Dems NNNNNever threatened Republicans reps in the history of the states..

Rich... you use tea baggers then tell me what not to call them. I'll call Tea Partiers if I wanna!

The fact is I'm not the only person who thinks this... you can see the shout out response on Fort Hood all over the net. So. yes... Really MMM... really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

Yes. You have trained yourself to be critical of everything this president does. Good or bad. You are a member of a large group of people that nit-picks ever move our president makes. I would say pull out, look at the big picture.
I've trained myself... this is good...
RICH.
Like the rest of America.

Tell me I've been brained washed too by Fox news, talk radio and history books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Again...no win. Pulls out of Iraq and Afghanistan...he loses. Follows Bush's policies...he loses. You are a part of the perfect debate team that is all naysaying and little substance.
Its all about the politics eh? It is Obama's war now.
The man can't make a solid decision aside from socialistic policies.
He has the big seat now.. This isn't Chicago anymore. He took way to long to either pull out or go in to Afganistan. People died because of it. the general begged him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
No one has the greatest track record in history because we are talking about future estimate of things that haven't happened. All I am saying is that when you hear this 1 trillion number said with such concrete actuality and don't question it, you are being as blind as you think I am being.
You are right ... its more than a trillion...

The government has a great track record. Now lets them roll with 1/6th of the economy plus student loans and some car companies. Hope and change.

Go ask your neighbor if he can pay your mortgage while you are at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am glad you are aware that CNN is moving to the right.
Well they got to get their ratings back somehow. America is tired of the spin and giving this administration a pass. I can't wait until ABC and CBS follow unless the governemtn takes them over.

Read and savor that first trend setter from the CNN Cable no news network.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I simply said that your source was not Gallup but was a conservative polling group. Their numbers tend to be lower than non-partisan pollers. They have been criticized for asking leading questions.

"2) Rasmussen Reports is a conservative polling company. Scott Rasmussen was a paid consultant for Bush's 2004 campaign. Yes they are "American people." They are conservative American people taking polls."
Hmmmm I didn't know they only polled conservatives... I didn't see that on the chart keys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
But why not post this pic



Same source, different answer, and puts Obama at just under 50%.
ummmmmm..I did post that right below the first chart Check my post The Beginning of Hope and Change
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The last Gallup Poll rating (ending 4/6) has Obama's approval rating at 50% and disapproval rating at 46%. That's Gallup and that's your numbers upside down. The (conservative) Washington Post has his approval rating at 53% and disapproval at 43%. That's Washington Post and your numbers upside down. You asked for it and you got it.
and?
You are talking about a 3% difference. That isn't upside down.

Nope.. If you see your link chart again you'll notice that was approval dates 3.23-3.26 for the Washington compost.
NOT ending 4/6 or 4/7. Try to keep up and get some fresh polls. Ones without a 10+ spread hehehe.

The fact is his approval ratings are in the dumps for a reason - even after his health reform victory laps. Come on... This is a big F'ing Deal... yet still in the approval dumps... Why?

As unemployment and bashing the private sector continues... you will see more stagnation of his popularity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I guess I was wrong. Maybe you don't get this, and maybe you are not smarter than this, Clint.
awww sticks and stones..
Enjoy your hope and change...
It is all gum drops and candy canes from here.

Last edited by clintjm : 04-08-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM's Avatar
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan
 
Posts: 12,201
Join Date: Jun 2007
04-08-2010, 07:16 AM

Clint, I can counter every argument you have, and you can counter every one of mine. I think my sources are based in fact, and you think yours are (although I am glad you acknowledge how certain news sources are right wing)

I will wear my rose colored glasses and you can put up your steel umbrella and scream the sky is falling.

On that note...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6