LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-02-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrypie View Post
I totally agree. Why should I pay more for hamster food! (My friend and I call veggies as "hamster food" 'cause I share my salad with my hamster. Of course, no dressing) Frankly speaking, you won't go to Mcdonald for just a salad or apple slices. The only reason I go to Mcdonald and eat is when I want some fries.

Then again, it doesn't really matter if he needs to be retired or not, I think time will fade Ronald out Or someday he will have a new renovation......
I have never had a Mcdonald's salad, hect I hardly even go to the place period, but I would imagine the ingredients are in fact fresher, which usually means more expensive, and since their other stuff is processed mass produced garbage, they can sell it on the cheap. Or it could be the fact that people, generally, are willing to pay a premium for healthy options that they do not have make themselves. Just speculation though.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
berrypie (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Skype™ to berrypie
04-02-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
I have never had a Mcdonald's salad, hect I hardly even go to the place period, but I would imagine the ingredients are in fact fresher, which usually means more expensive, and since their other stuff is processed mass produced garbage, they can sell it on the cheap. Or it could be the fact that people, generally, are willing to pay a premium for healthy options that they do not have make themselves. Just speculation though.
Not only in Mcdonald, generally salads and "healthy food" are more expensive than meats and junk food... which reminds me the cafeteria of the university that I studied in sells the salad almost 2-3 times more expensive than a slice of pizza. And you bet, it's because the cost of fresh veggie.

You can easily tell how's the quality of the meat Mcdonald is using... by trying a single bite of a burger from other brand... for eg, B__g__ K__g
(#13 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

04-02-2010, 01:55 AM

so Barugaru Kingu is better than Mikudanorusu?

(XD)

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
04-02-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
These groups are demanding "corporate accountability", but whatever happened to PARENTAL accountability? [b]There are healthier options at McDonalds[b], so it the fault of the person paying, not McD's if the kid is obese. It is also the parent's fault that the kid sits all day and doesn't burn off those calories.

They also seem to forget that Ronald McDonald also stands for charitiable care ..... Ronalds McDonald house.

These people need to find something else to waste their time and money on..... like maybe fund raising for ill children?!?!?!
The only healthy option would be to leave McDonalds and go eat real food. Granted, it is better than Taco Bell as far as quality of the meat, but still McDonalds is awful, as far as taste and health.