JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

05-15-2010, 03:09 AM

I think this forum is an on again off again thing with people. I get on 500Xs more in the summer time. Maybe people are to busy now but I know what you mean.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

05-15-2010, 10:23 AM

To be honest i'm here half the time when i am not too busy.But it seems quite dead alot of the time

Last edited by Sutiiven : 05-15-2010 at 11:19 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

05-15-2010, 11:04 AM

I can imagine people getting pissed about the lack of administration (this is not a dig at the moderators. They're doing a good job in a "bad situation") and the frequent spam attacks.

I have to admit; if this weren't a great place to ask a question or five once in a while, with knowledgeable people, I probably wouldn't stick around either.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
05-17-2010, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Why is the forum so inactive these days?

Not long ago you would come online after sleeping and have 300-400 new posts.. now you might have 50... if its been busy..

Where is everyone? Is the site not being advertised anymore or something? (I had heard a few members found it through advertising) and what else is everyone doing? What other Japan related websites are you visiting?
Maybe people don't have enough time to be up here. We all have lives you know. We love the forum, but we don't always have enough time to be up here.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Maybe people don't have enough time to be up here. We all have lives you know. We love the forum, but we don't always have enough time to be up here.
That's a good point, but I think the original poster's point was that (compared to way back when) there's less people using the forum. It's a matter of proportions really. Yes, there aren't many people using the site, and yes that may be because they are very busy, but surely they were busy back in the times when the forum was a lot livlier too? The fact people are busy doesn't seem to explain why activity has decreased.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

05-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
That's a good point, but I think the original poster's point was that (compared to way back when) there's less people using the forum. It's a matter of proportions really. Yes, there aren't many people using the site, and yes that may be because they are very busy, but surely they were busy back in the times when the forum was a lot livlier too? The fact people are busy doesn't seem to explain why activity has decreased.
But it's a major factor in the decrease of activity up here. I get what you're saying though. You're saying that it's not the only thing that's preventing people from being up here like they used to be, right?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
But it's a major factor in the decrease of activity up here. I get what you're saying though. You're saying that it's not the only thing that's preventing people from being up here like they used to be, right?
Kind of. I guess what I'm saying is people were busy just as much back then as they are now, you know? Kind of like people have jobs/college/social lives, but a year ago or five years ago they still had those same things. So although I can see why it'd cause the site to be slightly less active than if people didn't have these factors, I don't see how it could cause a decrease from 'not long ago' as the OP said.

I mean if people don't log on because they're at work all day, that doesn't explain why they're on the site less than they used to be, because most people always have work/study. They studied ten years ago, they worked five years ago, and they're working now. That doesn't change, so it doesn't explain a change in forum activity. If that makes sense?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

05-19-2010, 02:30 PM

There were 74 this morning.
Everyone should advertise jf on their other web accounts bring some new life to this place!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-19-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Why is the forum so inactive these days?

Not long ago you would come online after sleeping and have 300-400 new posts.. now you might have 50... if its been busy..

Where is everyone? Is the site not being advertised anymore or something? (I had heard a few members found it through advertising) and what else is everyone doing? What other Japan related websites are you visiting?
People left that were fed up with some regulars and "bullies" around here.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

05-19-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Kind of. I guess what I'm saying is people were busy just as much back then as they are now, you know? Kind of like people have jobs/college/social lives, but a year ago or five years ago they still had those same things. So although I can see why it'd cause the site to be slightly less active than if people didn't have these factors, I don't see how it could cause a decrease from 'not long ago' as the OP said.

I mean if people don't log on because they're at work all day, that doesn't explain why they're on the site less than they used to be, because most people always have work/study. They studied ten years ago, they worked five years ago, and they're working now. That doesn't change, so it doesn't explain a change in forum activity. If that makes sense?
Yes, you made sense. I understood what you said last time. So if this inactivity continues, will the forum be taken down?? I hope not. I have a lot of fun on this forum.