JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Im a mom and I am addicted to Japanese anime (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32256-im-mom-i-am-addicted-japanese-anime.html)

mio2010 06-08-2010 12:09 AM

Im a mom and I am addicted to Japanese anime

Hello there,:ywave:

I was once upon a time a mom who likes to cook, clean, do house chores and take care of my family. Then I have 2 sons who influence me to watch anime and ever since then I am hook to watch it with my sons. Here are some of the anime that I have been watching recentlly. K-ON, Shugo Chara, Hayate, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Gintama and Deathnote.

My first eldest son is so hook on Japanese culture and he even taught himself to make sushi at home. Believe it or not I live in Philippines and my sons can speak and read little bit of Japanese. They learn it from watching Japanese anime. I love watching Japanese anime because I learn something from it. :mtongue:

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-08-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mio2010 (Post 814837)

I was once upon a time a mom who likes to cook, clean, do house chores and take care of my family. Then I have 2 sons who influence me to watch anime and ever since then I am hook to watch it with my sons. Here are some of the anime that I have been watching recentlly. K-ON, Shugo Chara, Hayate, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School Host Club, Gintama and Deathnote.

My first eldest son is so hook on Japanese culture and he even taught himself to make sushi at home. Believe it or not I live in Philippines and my sons can speak and read little bit of Japanese. They learn it from watching Japanese anime. I love watching Japanese anime because I learn something from it. :mtongue:

That's great! I'm glad the Japanese culture has influenced your home in a good way! XD

Have a great day!

~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~

Lehxra 06-08-2010 02:21 AM

cool

That makes you a pretty cool mom!:)

CoreyLynn 06-08-2010 02:25 AM

Haha, my sister and I love anime,
and we were able to get my
mom and dad hooked on it as well.

They absolutely love Fullmetal Alchemist(:Brotherhood), and Naruto.
I love it when I'm able to share interests like that with them, so I think that it's amazing that you're able to bond with them in that way too.

: D

Best wishes!
^^

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-08-2010 02:31 AM

Quote:

My own Mom is like that actually. Every week she'll watch new episodes of anime, and manga chapters with me. Lol...she also loves to discuss new theories of different characters, and such. She's so awesome. We even have our own inside jokes about certain things in different manga and anime...lol...She even requests One-Shots from me!! LOL!! She's great. I'm glad to find that there are other Moms who are gettin' into it, too!! :rheart:

~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~

darksyndrem 06-08-2010 03:12 AM

WingsToDiscovery 06-08-2010 03:26 AM

When I began studying macroeconomics along with business (concentrated in Japan) in college, I naturally inherited some general interest in Japanese culture. My mother was perfectly fine with that, but sincerely asked me if I was going to "turn into one of those anime losers?" I reassured her that I have no interest in that side of Japanese culture, but I still rofl at that today. Needless to say, she's been influenced by the stereotypical introvertedness of many of today's Japan-culture youth, which I guess is somewhat unfortunate.

manganimefan227 06-08-2010 03:58 AM

That really is nice! An awxome way to bond!

YukisUke 06-11-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

I'm very happy that you opened your heart to the glorious world of anime and Japanese culture, mio2010. I send you best wishes from my home to yours. :D

NymphetLoli 06-21-2010 01:10 AM

That's awesome :D
Wish my mom liked anime. Hah...