JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Japania (Offline)
New to JF

Happiness - 07-29-2010, 06:02 PM

What do you think is the best way to happiness? What do you do to try to be happy? How do Japanese people look for happiness?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-29-2010, 10:26 PM

surely its different for different people. Ones mans happiness is anothers gloom.

Just make the most of life, have fun, have many interests and hobbies.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-30-2010, 06:28 AM

lol the definition of happiness is different among individuals or groups. how accurately could we discuss this?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

07-30-2010, 03:18 PM

I don't really know but having a career or hobby that you are passionate about.

I adore Arabian Horses and get a thrill when I see the magnificence of stallions galloping.

I feel that chasing happiness in itself is secondary to making the most of your rlife, get involved with sport or some activity that you admire.

Having loyal friends can be wonderful. caring for other people and animals and nature itself. Much depends on what you like to do.

Good relationships can bring happiness but be sure HAppiness is elusive. Its a state of mind really.

There has to be something in your life that you are passionate about.

Its a big world out there with many choices.

Learning new skills maybe? travelling. studying. Playing. Music, art, sport of choice etc etc and best of all a good job where you can gain satisfaction in what you do.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Moot (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Moot
07-30-2010, 04:29 PM

Id say balance
(#6 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

07-31-2010, 02:52 AM

Strivingto find some good in as much as you can finding what you like to do and truly dedicating your life to that one hobby, doing the most bizarre stuff and laugh, and waiting for the right person who you love with your heart and not your mind or eyes. Then dying with no regret.

Happiness and blessing to all of your souls. ^_^

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Japania (Offline)
New to JF

08-01-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
best of all a good job where you can gain satisfaction in what you do.
I'd say it's the most difficult thing in many cases, e.g. mine. I hate my job but I have to stay to pay the mortgage. How can I be happy going on with this job?
Today a friend of mine told me that I should be happy just to have a job because in my country (Spain) are lots of unemployed people worried about how to pay their mortgages. I know but... it doesn't make me feel much better.
As you said, it would be good if I could compensate it buy doing other activities I enjoy but I find difficult to get enough time for that.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Japania (Offline)
New to JF

08-01-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
lol the definition of happiness is different among individuals or groups. how accurately could we discuss this?
The definition may be different but I think this word exists in many cultures, there must be points in common, then. Now I come to think about it, it would be interesting to know if every society has a word for it.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

08-02-2010, 04:22 AM

The most important thing in my opinion is really knowing yourself and working out what makes you happy. Once you know these things you do what you can so that you get to do them more often. I gave up some time ago worrying about finding a job that makes me really happy because although I've tried quite a number of careers in my time whatever I have done became a little boring after a year or two. I now just work in a place I love close to the things I love to do (I work in a ski resort). I don't dislike the work I do but I don't exactly love it either but it does allow me to live somewhere I love and do the things I really love. First and foremost is to work out what are the things that make you happy, these will be different for everyone. Once you know them then all your choices in life will be towards doing more of these things. And importantly it's about what makes you happy not what makes your parents or others happy!
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Ayame90 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2010, 04:38 AM

I think the error in trying to be happy is, most try to simulate or adjust to things they are not familiar with based on what others(friends and family)say or they may voice their opinions on things you love to do. Find a balance between you, family, and friends and establish a definite line in which you don't let them cross. Never give up on something you love to do. Or your future plans.
Each to It's own and to It's own be true.

The pic added goes to the ones whose ideas are in a box, to the ones who don't give respect to the one who doesn't fit in that box, stereotying one as I am. You'll soon learn your mistake in not getting the chance, because of Your Error to get to know as others have gotten to know, love, respect, and appreciate me for who I am and not for what you aim to make me.

あしゅり
のえる