JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Chess (Offline)
JF Regular

International Etiquette, Customs and Protocol - 02-19-2011, 07:19 AM

Discuss your country's culture and customs here. From Society to table manners, nothing is better than sharing your own etiquette and protocol of your society.

Note that we're sharing our knowledge of our own culture here, no elitists and separatists or any other form of flame inducing posts here please.

Note: If this thread already exists or was inappropriately posted in some manner, mods may delete it.

Anyway I'll start with mine:

Philippines:

Family ties - In Philippines, the family is the center of the social structure and it was giving priority mainly above else, because of this closed-family ties, most Filipino still lives with their parents even if they have a family of their own, it is a popular belief that Filipino people are obligated to take care of their parents especially at their old age. Concern for the extended family is seen in the patronage provided to family members when they seek employment. And it is common for members of the same family to work for the same company.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-19-2011, 11:30 AM

ours is so varied that i'd say anything goes. i have a broken arm so cannot do capitals etc.

later i'd like to show many good aspects and traditions.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

02-20-2011, 05:21 AM

I would imagine deep down, most people from various cultures or nations will have similer attitudes about life and family. The core aspects of everyone is probably very much the same. The problem is that the fluff everyone uses to "paint" over thier inner self, differs enough that it becomes a source of argument and distrust.

I remember a chruch congregation split over the difference in the color of a hymnal...One group wanted red, the other blue. Silly stuff, like that has caused alot of needless heartache in the world.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Chess (Offline)
JF Regular

02-20-2011, 07:44 AM

^ Maybe you could share a tad little bit of yours so I could have some knowledge with it?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

02-21-2011, 12:54 AM

I'm a white guy, deep down we want everyone to obey us, or thats what folks tell me.