JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-02-2010, 10:20 AM

I was always invited to the Osaka train party by a friend who loved it, but always refused to go. We Gaijin have enough problems without making us look like a bunch of drunken out of control fools.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Xenophobia is a very normal thing in this planet. I don't say that it's a good thing, but everybody tend to have some fear about who is different than themself. Every country has both left and right wing.

About what Ronin4hire said, ehh... That's quite weird. Why the Japanese let the North Korean set that school up in the first place? Given that Japan is one of the closet nation to the USA.

North Korean funded school in the country that host American GIs!? How could I believe it?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-02-2010, 02:43 PM

There have been a great deal of nationalist demonstrations lately, even more than what used to occur. Daily you can see the black speaker vans painted with the Emperor's chrysanthemum seal crawling down the main roads blaring out old wartime and patriotic music.

Last month the demonstrations were more active because of the anniversary of the end of the war. Long convoys of these speaker trucks traveled to the major train stations around the city, and the nationalists climbed up on top and gave long, ranting speeches. These men wore home-made military uniforms with the flag of Japan on one shoulder and the Nazi swastika on the other.

For the most part these demonstrations are completely ignored by the people. No one (and I mean no one) stops to stand and listen. Occasionally an older man or two (old enough to remember similar kinds of demonstrations before the war) will stop and hurl insults at the demonstrators and then stand there as if daring them to do something. But the demonstrators ignore all detractors in the same way that everyone seems to ignore them.

The issues the demonstrators hate are the US military forces stationed in Japan, the dropping of the atomic bombs, the increasing number of foreign workers who work in Japan (these demonstrations are frequently held in front of the immigration office in Shinagawa), the "corrupting influence of Western culture" and Japan's lack of it's own military to defend it's people. They also protest the corruption in the government, etc. etc.

Most of the demonstrators are poorly educated working-class men; truck drivers and menial laborers, but there is a healthy mix of gangsters mixed in to make things interesting. Some of the new vans which they drive around for are paid for by the gangsters. The gangsters in Japan are labeled as "anti-social forces", and share a common bone to pick with the nationalists.

It's a nutty situation, but much less disruptive than the riots which used to occur frequently in front of the capitol in past decades.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

09-02-2010, 04:27 PM

brb gonna troll 2ch

proxy ftw

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-02-2010, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
brb gonna troll 2ch

proxy ftw
2ch isn`t 4ch. You could probably post your address and not have anyone come to bother you.

People just use it to communicate with each other, and to arrange for events. Trolling it is just pointless.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Writing politics and the racial issue decreases rapidly when the Kr domain is intercepted as for 2ch.

Make and spread a virus software and then the anti-virus software.kenkyushaLegends();

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#17 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-03-2010, 01:25 AM

I always wanted to see the faces of these ネット右翼 for the longest time, and ....

muhahahahahaha

He seems rather harmless to me. What did he do? yelling at Korean primary school students? Wow, he's a HARD CORE far right racist lol

Can he be lamer than that?

Last edited by cranks : 09-03-2010 at 01:34 AM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

09-03-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
2ch isn`t 4ch. You could probably post your address and not have anyone come to bother you.

People just use it to communicate with each other, and to arrange for events. Trolling it is just pointless.
I fail to express sarcasm.

Sorry.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.