(#11 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-20-2010, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Yeah, no kidding.

I'm other Asian, and, although I also only skim read most of the threads, I can say that there was no lack of idiotic remarks. Presuming some of them were even from other Asians, they don't necessarily reflect my opinions at all.

On another note, this is a Japan forum. I wouldn't expect much potential for a balanced discussion regarding Japan versus Korea, China or America -- or any other country, for that matter... honestly. Though, I would hope for one.
That site is the biggest I know of where Asians debate Asians. It's easy to mark it off as idiotic remarks( I think a lot of it is idiotic too), but it's how they actually think. I was focusing in on Japan and foreigners as related to Japan, but the bickering knows no bounds. It's almost like every Asian country has a gripe with every other Asian country.

One point I like to point out, Though I'm biased towards Japan. In the big picture, Japan is just another Asian country bickering amongst it's neighbors. I learned that other Asian probably don't see things like I as a Japanese person does. Nor, should I assume my points of view are better than my Asian brothers.

Basically, something like that is what I wanted people to get/become aware of from this thread. You might agree with some of the stuff, you might disagree with some of the stuff, but that's not going to change the minds of the varies Asian groups. also, not everyone in a country agrees with a particular issue. you have to spend time finding out what other people from Asian nations feel and think. This is important when discussing Japan and Asia.

(#12 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-20-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
That site is the biggest I know of where Asians debate Asians. It's easy to mark it off as idiotic remarks( I think a lot of it is idiotic too), but it's how they actually think. I was focusing in on Japan and foreigners as related to Japan, but the bickering knows no bounds. It's almost like every Asian country has a gripe with every other Asian country.
I understand they're Asian, and that their opinions may be representitive of their kind. And I won't argue that some of their topics are relevant to issues that exist between Asian nations. However, somehow it seems like a stretch to suggest that some of these people reflect enough extraordinary wisdom (or ignorance) to be observed. I can't quite articulate why, so you'll have to forgive me.

Otherwise, you've said a lot of things I already agree with.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM

All of the discussions you pulled were from AsiasFinest where, as an active member, I am well aware of the prejudicial, bigoted, distorted, hateful, and generally obnoxious posts of various nationalities of trolls (both real and false) that are far more common there than rational discussion.

I also notice you were very selective in your examples. You pulled only the worst of the threads that would back your premises and garner attention, but would still pass the censorship on JF. There are more than a few civil discussions of these same differences which you failed to include, either by intent or ineptitude.

Your methods wreak of a troll using the guise of rational discourse to bait a new audience for your own personal diatribe. I hope my instincts are wrong in this case, but that remains to be seen.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-21-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
All of the discussions you pulled were from AsiasFinest where, as an active member, I am well aware of the prejudicial, bigoted, distorted, hateful, and generally obnoxious posts of various nationalities of trolls (both real and false) that are far more common there than rational discussion.

I also notice you were very selective in your examples. You pulled only the worst of the threads that would back your premises and garner attention, but would still pass the censorship on JF. There are more than a few civil discussions of these same differences which you failed to include, either by intent or ineptitude.

Your methods wreak of a troll using the guise of rational discourse to bait a new audience for your own personal diatribe. I hope my instincts are wrong in this case, but that remains to be seen.
I though I recognized your sig.

Jchat is particularly vicious, you should know that.This post was about other Asians talking about Japanese. Most of the post in Jchat are trolling threads, I just took the top few. Go check if I reordered the post. It's been several days so they shifted some, but I pulled them in order. I left out the genetics discussion(two scientific types talking to each other) and the spam, that's all, everything else was the first few in order they appeared. I don't need to cherry pick my data from AF. The place speaks for itself.

It's not trolling to make aware to people what others are saying. Anyone who can navigate this site can navigate around AF from the links I provided. In addition I encouraged people to look around and find out for themselves what other Asians think because a handful of threads can not represent all opinions.

Anyone interested can go to AF Jchat and check out the posts for themselves. Don't listen to me or him, just go there and find out for yourself.

Last edited by chiuchimu : 09-21-2010 at 04:26 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-21-2010, 05:12 AM

These are not discussions that would be allowed to flourish on JF, so I am not sure there is any point of posting links to them here.

If Jchat is that viscous, then why bring that hatred here?

Your point is taken, and now the thread is closed.
Closed Thread