Old
Ito (Offline)
<3 Fahad

11-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
That really didn't answer my question.
its not your business.
it's my life and im not a child and its my choice.
I Tell what i want to tell.........

i got irc now
find mangas on lurk
my site: http://jennikaisa.hi5.com/
Member in deviantart: ito86
http://13gb.com/pictures/2288/ WTF
protest against facebook!!

(#23 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
11-12-2010, 11:48 PM

If you didn't want it to be anyone's business, then you shouldn't have posted it on a public forum for other people to comment on.

You may not be a child, but the way you responded was very childish. If you don't want anyone to ask questions, then either 1. Don't post, or 2. Respectfully decline questions, rather than resorting to "it's not your business!".
(#24 (permalink))
Old
KuranUSA (Offline)
Lost In Love

11-15-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Exactly how long have you known him? It sounds like most of your relationship was internet based, which isn't the greatest place to start a stable marriage if you haven't spent much time with him offline.
I actually disagree on this one. There's no reason why you can't get to know someone very well online. and she has obviously spent a lot of real time...time with the guy after that.

All the best Ito,I wish you a happy marriage.

(#25 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-15-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuranUSA View Post
I actually disagree on this one. There's no reason why you can't get to know someone very well online. and she has obviously spent a lot of real time...time with the guy after that.

You may have a point, but with that said it is very easy to lie online. I could tell you anything about myself right now, for example, and how easy would it be for you to verify it? I'm not saying that her fiance is a liar or anything like that, but even if someone was to be extremely truthful and honest an internet relationship is not an indication of personality or person. If you argue online you can turn off the computer, come back later, and respond with a cool head. . . if you're with a person face to face then you can't typically just walk away, especially not if you're living with them.

I think Pocky's question was very valid. She (Ito) says she lives with him (her fiance) and has vacationed with him, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's spent a lot of time with him in real life, for all we know she may have moved in just last month. Time spent with someone in real life is very important in determining whether a relationship has a chance, especially marraige.

Last edited by RobinMask : 11-15-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: paranthesis to make clear who is being discussed
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
What I mean is that - in the UK for example - it's about a hundred pounds to marry, you simply turn up with witnesses and that's it, you're married.
In the US it is even cheaper (depending on the state).
(#27 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
11-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuranUSA View Post

Did I say that it's impossible to get to know someone well online? No.

I have a few online friends now that I've had since I was barely a teenager (oh, the days). Do I know them well? Yes. But the offline communication, face to face interaction, is still completely missing. There's a LARGE sense of personality that only comes with real human interaction. Online, you know facts about a person and maybe hints of their personality, but it's impossible to subsitute that with day to day interaction. Imagine if you only knew your parents (or something similar) through texts and the occassional phone call.

Reading her first post, I actually got the opposite feel of what you're saying. I felt that she hadn't spent a lot of time with him. Normal vacations don't last that long, and moving in doesn't take but a few hands and a pretty day (persuasion to move in probably would take too long either).
(#28 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-19-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Did I say that it's impossible to get to know someone well online? No.

I have a few online friends now that I've had since I was barely a teenager (oh, the days). Do I know them well? Yes. But the offline communication, face to face interaction, is still completely missing. There's a LARGE sense of personality that only comes with real human interaction. Online, you know facts about a person and maybe hints of their personality, but it's impossible to subsitute that with day to day interaction. Imagine if you only knew your parents (or something similar) through texts and the occassional phone call.

Reading her first post, I actually got the opposite feel of what you're saying. I felt that she hadn't spent a lot of time with him. Normal vacations don't last that long, and moving in doesn't take but a few hands and a pretty day (persuasion to move in probably would take too long either).

There is so much to learn once couples actually live together.

We all have habits-- good and bad that can irritate the other like crazy.

I don't think we would ever know someone merely from online or letters etc.

That might give thoughts-- but nothing about the real person.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

11-20-2010, 01:33 AM

Are you divorced now?

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-20-2010, 06:00 PM

is who divorced?