JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
10-28-2010, 02:03 PM

For some reason I only remember him as a rude person, even though I don't think I ever had direct contact with him...
(#12 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyMePink View Post
For some reason I only remember him as a rude person, even though I don't think I ever had direct contact with him...
You probably didn't have much contact with him then. While I'll admit he was rude from time to time, the times where he was nice or helpful vastly outnumber the isolated incidents of rudeness.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
10-28-2010, 10:36 PM

Then his rudeness must have must have been the finest of the fine.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-28-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranks View Post
What's happened? He/She was so passionate about giving out advises and most of them were pretty good ones. You can't have a Japanese person who speaks English at that level and at the same time is willing to give advises about the Japanese language. I've found he/she was TOO passionate sometimes but regardless, nobody was giving advises of that quality.

What a loss. I hope I haven't contributed to his/her leaving.

hello Cranks-- Just a small correction on your spelling. I believe that you mean ADVICE in your sentences rather than ADVISES.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

10-29-2010, 12:03 AM

Nagoyankee (=) Sashimister?

If so, he'll be back with another name.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
jesselt (Offline)
弱肉強食

10-29-2010, 12:29 AM

Way to assume. It is so easy to tell who was told off by Sashimister because they are so bitter about it

He will be greatly missed by those of us in the language section who follow a simple Question-Answer-Thank You format. Masaegu and at least one other Japanese Native have stepped up for the time being, which is also greatly appreciated.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-29-2010, 12:36 AM

He/she helped many of my threads, I didn't get to thank him/her properly though... ;/... (sigh) I hope he doesn't quit ;D!
(#18 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-29-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
hello Cranks-- Just a small correction on your spelling. I believe that you mean ADVICE in your sentences rather than ADVISES.
Whoops, thanks. People say AdviceS around here but you're right Advise is a verb. Thanks for pointing out. I don't get corrected often anymore so it's really invaluable
(#19 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-29-2010, 03:10 AM

And I have a mixed feeling about this. I'm a newbee, and don't know how he was before I came here, but he acted kind of too aggressive a couple of times I saw him. But at the same time, I know giving out advice is not easy even if you do understand the language completely. Well, I don't know what I want to say I just thought he deserved some attention.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ColinHowell (Offline)
JF Regular

10-29-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranks View Post
And I have a mixed feeling about this. I'm a newbee, and don't know how he was before I came here, but he acted kind of too aggressive a couple of times I saw him.
I'm mostly a lurker, but I kind of feel the same way. Specifically, it bothers me how chiuchimu, a Japanese-American living in southern California, seems to have disappeared shortly after having a run-in with him. I liked some of that user's posts.

I understand how frustrating it can be to try to give proper advice while other people who are clearly less knowledgeable are offering misguided advice, but I wish he had handled it better. Still, I also wish he hadn't left.