JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Subway sign. (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/34645-subway-sign.html)

normski7 11-06-2010 07:35 AM

Subway sign.

1 Attachment(s)
Can someone please settle an argument that I'm having with my girlfriend?

Can someone who is Japanese or has been living in Japan please look at the attachment picture of a Japanese subway sign and tell me what each of the pictures mean?

I appreciate that this might seem relatively simple, however I would be very grateful if you could explain it as easily as possible.

Thanks in advance.

MMM 11-06-2010 07:56 AM

I am not sure I understand the question. What are you arguing about?

From left to right, these seats are reserved for

Elderly,

Injured,

People with babies,

Pregnant women,

People with heart conditions

normski7 11-06-2010 08:18 AM

What the dispute was about.

My girlfriend said that the last one (with the heart) was for people who had broken hearts. i.e. they has just been dumped or something. I said that it meant that people with heart conditions or some form of illness would get priority for the seats.

MMM 11-06-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by normski7 (Post 836196)
My girlfriend said that the last one (with the heart) was for people who had broken hearts. i.e. they has just been dumped or something. I said that it meant that people with heart conditions or some form of illness would get priority for the seats.

You are joking, right? I mean, she wasn't serious.

GoNative 11-06-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

I hope at least that she's really good looking as it appears she missed out in the brains department! :mtongue:

manganimefan227 11-07-2010 03:07 AM

I wouldn't put it past Japan though, just sayin' =P

cranks 11-07-2010 03:13 AM

Quote:

No. The last one is "people who are in newly found love." Has your girlfriend eyes? That heart is obviously not broken. When you are in love, your heart pounds so hard you are in danger of a cardiovascular condition. :p

CoolNard 11-07-2010 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cranks (Post 836294)
No. The last one is "people who are in newly found love." Have your girlfriend eyes? That heart is obviously not broken. When you are in love, your heart pounds so hard you are in danger of a cardiovascular condition. :p

HAHA, that's just ownage. True, if that was for broken hearts, then the heart would have a crevice within it or something.

Suki 11-07-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoNative (Post 836208)
Quote:

Originally Posted by normski7 View Post

I hope at least that she's really good looking as it appears she missed out in the brains department! :mtongue:

LOL She HAD to be joking.

JasonTakeshi 11-07-2010 04:37 PM

Quote: