JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

talking about your favourite country. - 11-09-2010, 01:19 PM

As there has been some talk regarding Scotland I thought a new thread would be appropriate-- where we can discuss our countries or those we live in or hope to live in.

I was always mad about scotland-- still am really.

My first daughter was born in stirling.

I miss the mountains and Lochs especially.

I have heard people who have travelled a lot still say that Scotland takes alot of beating.

We bred scottish dogs-- "Cairn terriers, sung scottish ballads-- attended many scottish dog shows-- did Scottish and Highland dancing-- oh I really miss that. Loved the ceilidhs.

Scotland is a magnificent country.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
11-09-2010, 04:50 PM

Scotland is class, but living here, I don't tend to do most of the touristy things. I did like Germany when I was over there for a week

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-09-2010, 09:00 PM

I think we who live in one rea for a long time also do not visit the touristy places.

I suppose we take them for granted. I will confess though that I am not keen on some of the buildings in Scotland. One of my nieces had a council flat in haddington-- it was okay but from the outside I thought it was really ugly. Made from concrete with no personality about it.

My husband was brought up in Edinburgh and lived in some tenement flats but they were solid granite and quite well built.

I fell in love with FORT AUGUSTUS-- near Fort William-- there is an abbey there. I have a feeling that there are no longer monks there-- but it was so tranquil.

fort augustus - Google Search

We often used to go to the Trossachs------- which was forever changing with each visit. I fear it may be too touristy now with cheap souvenirs etc.

Ben Lomond

At one time we lived in Dollar close to the Ochils then moved to ALLOA not far from Stirling.

Sometimes we went to dog shows at Kelvin Hall-- also saw the oberammagau Passion play performed there.

I believe that Glasgow has changed a lot from the time we were in Scotland.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 11-09-2010 at 09:12 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KungMartin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Scotland is class, but living here, I don't tend to do most of the touristy things. I did like Germany when I was over there for a week
if I were u I'd be sitting around lochness smoking a joint and enjoying the view=PP

pz ! <3
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

11-10-2010, 03:32 AM

Long, dry and Sunny days dispelled by refreshingly heavy winds -- slowly shaping the growth of acacia trees. These trees grow to be of all shapes and sizes, but you never fail to find a chiseled one that can cradle you all day long while you bask in the sun. The heat, pinching your skin, gives you slight discomfort. This discomfort is quickly ignored by the pleasure you feel when the heat hisses through your skin. You sit back and admire the untouched plains filled with all types of life. Children playing, people relaxing, herbivores grazing and the ants marching to their own little beat; making their way through cracked soil with crumbs, twice the size of their body, grasped tightly between their mandibles.

Not too far away, Hawks fly in pairs as they circle over couples picnicking on bright-green grass. You look at specific couples and chuckle in anticipation because you know a hawk will invite itself to a bite…or maybe two. You silently praise yourself when your assumptions come true, then you laugh like a mad man at the couple’s reaction to the swift theft.

A nice day of warm relaxation is cut short by the breeze. The sudden wind differs from the heat and sends chills down your spine. You want to curse, but you can’t, because it carries with it a sea of blue that it stole from the Jacarandas down the land.

You go home and get ready to sleep. You can’t wait for the responsibilities of tomorrow to end so that you can do it all again. Maybe, even invite a friend or two to keep you company this time.

Man do I miss it. Can't wait till the day I get to go back.
Have fun guessing :P
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-10-2010, 03:39 AM

lol... Scotland.

Was in Glasgow one hour nearly got stabbed by a supporter of one of the football teams.

Edinburgh was nice though. Such a picturesque city with the castle in the centre and the town surrounding it.

My favourite countries are Japan and Sweden.

So organized and very safe with beautiful women everywhere.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
11-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
lol... Scotland.

Was in Glasgow one hour nearly got stabbed by a supporter of one of the football teams.

Edinburgh was nice though. Such a picturesque city with the castle in the centre and the town surrounding it.

My favourite countries are Japan and Sweden.

So organized and very safe with beautiful women everywhere.
Bet it was a Rangers fan. lol. Us Celtic fans are known for our good behaviour, even Fifa gave us an award for it. Apart from a few who booed during an remembrance day minutes silence, & holding up an Argentina shirt, when Rangers' special guest was someone who was deformed in the Falklands conflict. I actually liked the latter stunt.

My favourite countries would be Japan, China, Germany, Scotland in that order. Actually, South Korea & Singapore are up there as well.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#8 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-10-2010, 10:17 AM

Posted by jambo.

My favourite countries would be Japan, China, Germany, Scotland in that order. Actually, South Korea & Singapore are up there as well.[/quote]

I always fancied the Scandinavian countries. I have friends in FINLAND Norway and Sweden but never yet have visited them.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 11-10-2010 at 10:30 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-10-2010, 10:24 AM

sorry I made a mess as usual.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

11-10-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusOperandi View Post
Long, dry and Sunny days dispelled by refreshingly heavy winds -- slowly shaping the growth of acacia trees. These trees grow to be of all shapes and sizes, but you never fail to find a chiseled one that can cradle you all day long while you bask in the sun. The heat, pinching your skin, gives you slight discomfort. This discomfort is quickly ignored by the pleasure you feel when the heat hisses through your skin. You sit back and admire the untouched plains filled with all types of life. Children playing, people relaxing, herbivores grazing and the ants marching to their own little beat; making their way through cracked soil with crumbs, twice the size of their body, grasped tightly between their mandibles.

Not too far away, Hawks fly in pairs as they circle over couples picnicking on bright-green grass. You look at specific couples and chuckle in anticipation because you know a hawk will invite itself to a bite…or maybe two. You silently praise yourself when your assumptions come true, then you laugh like a mad man at the couple’s reaction to the swift theft.

A nice day of warm relaxation is cut short by the breeze. The sudden wind differs from the heat and sends chills down your spine. You want to curse, but you can’t, because it carries with it a sea of blue that it stole from the Jacarandas down the land.

You go home and get ready to sleep. You can’t wait for the responsibilities of tomorrow to end so that you can do it all again. Maybe, even invite a friend or two to keep you company this time.

Man do I miss it. Can't wait till the day I get to go back.
Have fun guessing :P

Loving your descriptions I don' tknow but could be South Africa?

You are a born writer I would say-- beautiful.