JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

the weather where yOu are - 11-27-2010, 02:25 PM

whats your weather like. Here in south coast of england it is starting to snow but I believe there has already been snow in Scotland and the North of England. Of course we tend to halt everything even when there is only a small covering of snow.

compared to other countries who really do get snow--- we are pretty ill prepared as the railways often freeze to a halt and also the roads.

I expect the weather varies depending which part of Japan you are-- Or where ever else you are.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

11-27-2010, 02:34 PM

We've got heavy snow coming through tonight and the next few days. We average around 40ft of snow each winter in the town I live so we're pretty prepared for heavy snow.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
11-27-2010, 03:42 PM

Here in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) the day is cloudy but it's hot, the temperature is around 26 ºC. The weather forecast says it will rain tomorrow night until Wednesday.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

11-27-2010, 04:44 PM

Right now in the Windy City, it's 28 degrees F. (-2 C) with a wind chill of 18F (-7C). It's clear, which makes it colder as the clouds aren't there to retain some of the heat. It's nice, though....
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2010, 05:51 PM

London = Cold.
Much colder than Tokyo. I used to go out in the snow in my tank-top to do laundry in Tokyo, yet it didn't feel cold like it does here at all.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

11-27-2010, 06:38 PM

The rainy season is starting to kick in here (we generally don't get snow), but we have still had the occassional hot, sunny day. It can be freezing cold outside, and close to 12 hours later, it could turn blazing hot. California weather rebels.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
The rainy season is starting to kick in here (we generally don't get snow), but we have still had the occassional hot, sunny day. It can be freezing cold outside, and close to 12 hours later, it could turn blazing hot. California weather rebels.
I miss my unpredictable California weather

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

11-27-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
I miss my unpredictable California weather
Ha!~ I wouldn't.

It sucks, especially when you don't have a car: You wear a jacket and bring an umbrella when it seems it's going to rain; the skies open up midday and you end up having to carry them around all day. You wear light clothes when it seems it's going to be hot for a while; the clouds sneak in and it begins to get windy and/or rainy -- or, in some cases, stormy. True stories, by the way...

The forecasts can't be relied on, because even they have hard time getting it right 45% of the time.
The weather goes crazy until it has no choice but to surrender to the seasons.

Last edited by Jaydelart : 11-27-2010 at 06:58 PM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
V1nn1 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-27-2010, 07:57 PM

In the Netherlands it's also snowing already... :O
And it isn't even winter yet D:
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-27-2010, 07:58 PM

I'm in İzmir, Turkey right now. Weahter here is very imbalanced. Temp difference between morning and night can be intense

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.