JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

adventures in your travels - 12-01-2010, 05:06 PM

have many of you had real challenges and adventures in your travels?

Because of Weather maybe? How did you overcome reactions of strangers to your presence in their country?

Were you welcomed? or MAYbe Not?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
12-01-2010, 10:52 PM

Mmmh.

I almost got run over by a car in Florence, Italy. That was quite an adventure, while it lasted xD

But yeh, I've always been treated well everywhere I've been to when travelling. Like this summer, I lost my phone on my very first day on Athens. I was in the cab headed to my hotel. I took my phone out and forgot to put it back in my bag so I left it there on the back seat. Then, when I was in the hotel lobby it just hit me. I didn't even bother looking for it cause I knew it was in the cab. I was like, OK! it's freaking 4 in the morning, I'm all alone in a foreign country and with no phone, go me! xD And then the most amazing thing happened. The cab driver actually drove all the way back to the hotel and gave it back to me I swear I felt like the luckiest person alive cause you know, it sucks when you land somewhere far from home and you lose something. But yayyy I got it back.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#3 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-02-2010, 02:13 AM

My first day in Japan (after a 30 hours of travel time and Jet lag), two coworkers took me to show me where all our locations were in Osaka. After riding the subway all over town they took me to the last location and said, "Goodbye" and left me there even though I had no idea where I was and where my apartment was (I didn't even know the address yet or a phone number for help). It was about 6PM and getting dark. Luckily I knew which subway station we started at and I found my way there by a miracle. I then exited out the wrong exit and walked down the wrong street for an hour. I returned and walked down another street for an hour before returning. All I knew was my apartment was across from a big Kansai Supa- Supermarket. After 4 hours of searching I finally found my apartment. Exhausted from my trip and walking and stress I passed out for 10 hours without waking up once.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!