JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Would You Like To Be Famous? - 01-15-2011, 01:25 PM

I would hate to be famous-- especially the way the MEDIA treats celebrities etc.

the way paparazzi harassed poor Princess Diana.

If you were famous what would you like to be famous FOR?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-15-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post

If you were famous what would you like to be famous FOR?

I would like to be famous for a so called "act of heroism" like landing a jumbo jet after the crew is incapacitated, a la "Airport 75" film.... That way, I'd be famous for a little and then life would return to normal since I'm just an ordinary Joe....

I don't want to get into a discussion about heroes or heroism, since those terms are used too much nowadays and for the wrong things....

On second thought, I don't think I'd like to be famous at all.... not worth the hassle.... unless you get the girl.... LOL

Last edited by JohnBraden : 01-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

01-15-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm better at being infamous.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
01-15-2011, 02:33 PM

I'd love to be a famous sportsperson. I've always dreamed about playing football in the J.League. I've seen videos of the squads being announced, & it just looks amazing. The feeling as a young player to see your face on screen, even in the substitutions list. I think that would be just excellent

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Readinglevelup (Offline)
New to JF

01-15-2011, 04:02 PM

I'd be fine with being famous, but not in the way that everyone knows my name. Like I'd be famous, but nobody would see my face or know much about me. Like a double life. When I'd be doing one thing I'd be famous for, I'd hide my personal things, but in normal life, I'd be open.

For example, I wouldn't mind being a musician, but I also want to a doctor or get PhD in something. I'd hide who I am as a musician, but obviously not when I'm not playing music. I could be famous for both lives, though, I guess.

Kinda those folks on nico douga, but I only found that site out after I wanted to do this. So I wasn't really influenced by those guys on that site hiding their faces. :P
(#6 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
01-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Well I would be famous for being a musician because well...thats what I am :P think I'd handle fame well, dont really care about people seeing me when I look like poop or anything and if there is any rumours about you doing something bad who can always put the record straight and most of the time you'll be believed unlike the michael jackson case but that was a very strange scenario
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-15-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readinglevelup View Post
I'd be fine with being famous, but not in the way that everyone knows my name. Like I'd be famous, but nobody would see my face or know much about me. Like a double life. When I'd be doing one thing I'd be famous for, I'd hide my personal things, but in normal life, I'd be open.
That's actually my take on being famous too

I'm actually a writer, so I would love for my work to be famous and be discussed, but I wouldn't want to be famous myself as an individual. I want my work to recognised, but I do not to be recognised myself. For me creative outlets like music, writing, art . . . they speak for themselves, the creator doesn't need the fame, because it is the artwork that speaks and expresses and is the cause of discussion.

I think if an individual is famous to the levels of Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, J.K.Rowling, the Queen, whoever really . . . they lose all independence, freedom, and right to privacy. Their every action, statement and piece of attire is criticised, discussed, debated, questioned - they have to watch everything they do and say in order to maintain the image they want, and they can't do ordinary and everyday things because of the danger and scandal involved.

So no, I can't see the fun in being famous either, but I can see the allure and desire for one's work to be famous, because in that one can fully express themselves and achieve a kind of immortality, whilst at the same time enjoying the perks that come with being out of the public eye, of being a "nobody" in a world of "somebodies".
(#8 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
01-15-2011, 07:33 PM

Famous inventor. People knows about you, but you're not really that harassed by media.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-16-2011, 01:15 AM

I think fame has its good and bad sides to it. Of course it's nice to be recognized, nice to have 'fans' and people looking up to you - but with lovers come the haters. It's nice to make a lot of money, get free shit and get invited to lots of cool parties - but it's not so nice to have to read lies in the magazine and have people scrutinizing every step you take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readinglevelup View Post
OMG! You'd be like Hannah Montana!

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

01-16-2011, 01:24 AM

I would like to be famous for destroying the world - but can't work that way for obvious reasons. If there are no people left there's no way I would become famous.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.