JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Martial Arts - 01-22-2011, 12:43 AM

Ok this even hard for me to say because i have been a fan of martial arts for the longest...

However the time has finally come where i just have to say that this Martial arts stuff is all a load of S***. I have been involved in so much violence in my life and so many fights and never once have i seen or used any martial arts move FOR AN ADVANTAGE in any scenario. I bet there are people who will disagree but i am telling you i train with some hardcore martial artists and yeah they are extremely fit and healthy but i have seen them get battered on a night out by joe nobody and the ones that dont - dont actually use any martial art to asist them either - its all fake!

real fighting with real agression involves no planning or no art, you just collide and go for it. (maybe there might be an argument on the stamina side)

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-22-2011, 02:31 AM

lol.. Martial arts doesn't guaruntee invincibility. It sounds like you need to change your focus. Even though I would say Kung-fu or TaeKwondo or Karate (except Kyokushin) wouldn't work in a real fight.. they are still respectable arts because they encourage self-improvement and health.

Anyway which martial art has failed you?

In my opinion Boxing or Muay Thai are the only effective ones for streetfighting. They teach you how to throw a good punch and they emphasise full contact sparring a lot which is probably the most important thing in martial arts.

In a one-on-one situation Judo or BJJ are effective too.. but streetfights are rarely one-on-one situations.

I have a part time job as a doorman at the moment and must say that there are some good Aikido moves that involve wrist or joint locking that I've learnt that work when I need people to move or need to control someone.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-22-2011, 02:45 AM

I disagree that karate is useless in a real fight. I think it all depends on how much training and exposures one has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
lol.. Martial arts doesn't guaruntee invincibility. It sounds like you need to change your focus. Even though I would say Kung-fu or TaeKwondo or Karate (except Kyokushin) wouldn't work in a real fight.. they are still respectable arts because they encourage self-improvement and health.

Anyway which martial art has failed you?

In my opinion Boxing or Muay Thai are the only effective ones for streetfighting. They teach you how to throw a good punch and they emphasise full contact sparring a lot which is probably the most important thing in martial arts.

In a one-on-one situation Judo or BJJ are effective too.. but streetfights are rarely one-on-one situations.

I have a part time job as a doorman at the moment and must say that there are some good Aikido moves that involve wrist or joint locking that I've learnt that work when I need people to move or need to control someone.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-22-2011, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I disagree that karate is useless in a real fight. I think it all depends on how much training and exposures one has.
I think Kyokushin Karate is the only Karate that is useful.

It emphasises full contact sparring that other karate styles don't. If there are other full contact karate styles that are out there that I don't know about then my bad... but point style karate sparring or semi-contact or non-contact sparring is just not realistic and in no way helpful in a real situation.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile arts - 01-22-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpum View Post
Ok this even hard for me to say because i have been a fan of martial arts for the longest...

However the time has finally come where i just have to say that this Martial arts stuff is all a load of S***. I have been involved in so much violence in my life and so many fights and never once have i seen or used any martial arts move FOR AN ADVANTAGE in any scenario.
[yawn]. Seems, all your fights took place in a bars or pubs filled by drunk peasants.
Try to fight combat Sambo wrestler or any guy who seriously learned Kyokushinkai or Kudo Daido Juku. After that, we' ll talk about advantages / disadvantages.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile in addition - 01-22-2011, 03:54 AM

KUDO DAIDO JUKU

YouTube - Kudo Daido Juku 3rd World Championship, Tokyo, Japan, 15 november 2009

KYOKUSHIN

YouTube - This is Kyokushin fighting

Enjoy !
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-22-2011, 04:03 AM

The Kudo daido is pretty good.

It's like amateur MMA with space helmets lol.

Their ground game is not very good though. Get a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu fighter in the same positions as these guys on the ground and he will own.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 01-22-2011 at 04:09 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile karate - 01-22-2011, 04:31 AM

Quote:
The Kudo daido is pretty good.

It's like amateur MMA with space helmets lol..
A bit more tougher than in Kyokushinkai, right? That's why Takashi Azuma created this style. Various punches, kicks and grapples from any other arts of boxing and wrestling. Minimum of limitations and maximum of reality.

And guy in white wasn't so dogmatic in fighting as his opponent in blue. For instance, his punches remind boxing, his reverse kicks are clearly borrowed from Savate or Muai Thai.

Quote:
Their ground game is not very good though. Get a Brazilian Jiu-jitsu fighter in the same positions as these guys on the ground and he will own.
Quite possible
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-22-2011, 04:44 AM

Interesting. Thanks
(#10 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile practical fghting - 01-22-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks
..and if we are talking about pure street fighting, good skills of classical boxing may be very useful against any kind of punches and kicks.
A guy from Turkey succesfully repelled an attack of a local "fat boss" and his agressive sidekicks

YouTube - Real super street fight (in Turkey)