JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

Do you get annoyed when you see gaijins? - 02-05-2011, 12:44 PM

When you're in Japan or on Japanese websites (message boards, mixi etc) do you get annoyed when you see/meet gaijins (foreigners)? I hate seeing gaijins to be honest. I'm currently on a Japanese dating website and nothing annoys me more than seeing a gaijin female there. Especially if it's a white woman dressed up in cosplay or a kimono (dating sites are not for cosplaying or pretending you're Japanese!).

I know it's selfish but I want to experience Japan, not a washed out Japanese culture with a bunch of gaijins pretending they're Japanese....
(#2 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-05-2011, 01:08 PM

for goodness sake are you a separatist or something. You ask some crazy questions
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

02-05-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
for goodness sake are you a separatist or something. You ask some crazy questions
Come on man. A lot of people are like that when they're on vacation. It's a well known fact here in Norway that if you stumble upon other Norwegians on vacation they'll pretend they don't see you or that they're not Norwegian.

If I am in Japan or on a Japanese dating site I really don't want to see some hideous pig from Europe in kimono or cosplaying. Even without the cosplay and kimono it's hard for me to accept I'm not the only exotic male meat on the market.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2011, 02:17 PM

dude not every foreigner here is a hideous pig! i should aint one, i dont understand why you would be annoyed. do you own japan and feel like you are only gaijin that should be here? come on man.

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-05-2011, 02:25 PM

I don't hang out with other foreigners in Japan unless they speak Japanese all the time and incredibly fluently. It's my way of keeping myself focused on learning Japanese and also not living in my own bubble of western culture.

When I see douchey gaijins in Japan it irritates me, because I hate the thought that anyone here might associate me with them. It's bad enough that when I was looking for a girlfriend every chick I dated assumed I was some extent of a slut/playboy because I'm white.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
steel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2011, 02:31 PM

This must have been made with the OP in mind ...

Those Pesky Foreigners!

(#7 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-05-2011, 02:51 PM

LOL!
I love it!

that basically sums up the average foreigner in Japan, nice

the site you got that from linked me to gaijin tonic, which is pretty awesome too lol
thanks

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.

Last edited by RealJames : 02-05-2011 at 03:10 PM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Danb159 (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2011, 03:18 PM

Does mean that people trying to learn about the Japanese culture, and language will be looked down upon by the people who already know it :/??
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb159 View Post
Does mean that people trying to learn about the Japanese culture, and language will be looked down upon by the people who already know it :/??
nearly every time yes, especially when that first person has these dreamlike notions of Japan and the second person also did, but got reality-slapped lol

When I first got here I remember a lot of burned out gaijin saying shit like "hey kid, Japan isn't all it's made out to be, don't go dreaming big" or something along those lines, and then me thinking "who said I expected anything more out of Japan than I did from any other place on earth?" but then I realized that there's a sickening of wide-eyed idiot gaijin who think that Japan is their motherland/mecca/paradise/nirvana/pick-your-drug and those are the ones that make the veterans bitter heh

Last edited by RealJames : 02-05-2011 at 03:24 PM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

02-05-2011, 03:26 PM

OP is simply a loser. he is unable to get the attention he wants among his people and so he goes on sites mentioned or travels there. and so he gets pissed off when there is another gaijin.
it's like a kid with a new toy - everyone goes to him to ask for it until 2nd kid gets one too and now attention paid is split.

i say. go.f.ur.self attention whore