LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-27-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Yea, I know! It's mostly like that you know.

The countrys who have been through the worst in history are very superior these days and also helped forming and developing this World too the good.

just look what kind of an economic came from Japan after the Atomic Bomb.. same thing. All these countrys have a lot in common
None of these arms arguments,and none of that "Should we have gone into Iraq? Shouldn't we have?" in Japan.

Of course the UK's been through a lot too,and it's not that bad a country really. It's just that somebody let the Conservatives into power. Everything's about cuts.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
oh dear

do you have any articles or reads about this situation in English maybe? I would really like to find out more about this. I am gonna try google..

2050 east asia map made by department of Chinese foreign ministry

中国 China
ロシア Russia
朝鮮省 Korea prefecture of China
東海省 East sea prefecture of China
日本自治区 Japanese territory controlled by China

How scary our future is!

by the way most people in China are nice. What's bad is that dictator communist party of china.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 02-28-2011 at 08:30 AM.
(#93 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-28-2011, 12:35 PM

And I was worried about what would happen if they came to Britain!

If I see a Chinese person,I'll run. They'll probably chase me doing an evil laugh and try and shoot me!

I'll fight for Japan if China try and invade. I'll be there in my Power Ranger costume going "Alright communist face it's time for the big one!" All of the Sentai are gonna be there! And Hajime!
(#94 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-28-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
And I was worried about what would happen if they came to Britain!

If I see a Chinese person,I'll run. They'll probably chase me doing an evil laugh and try and shoot me!

I'll fight for Japan if China try and invade. I'll be there in my Power Ranger costume going "Alright communist face it's time for the big one!" All of the Sentai are gonna be there! And Hajime!

hold on hold on! as I wrote in my previous post, most people in China are nice when you talk to them individually. They are just brainwashed by their government. What I'm afraid are actions and decisions their government makes. They do everything to justify themselves. That's pretty scary.

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 02-28-2011 at 04:59 PM.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
catbat (Offline)
spaced

02-28-2011, 04:39 PM

You can't really hold the people accountable for their governments decisions. Look at Britain, what the conservatives are doing doesn't meet with the view of most citizens.

Kyoko Honda- For there to be pain, there has to be kindness. For darkness to stand out, there has to be the sun.

(#96 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-28-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catbat View Post
You can't really hold the people accountable for their governments decisions. Look at Britain, what the conservatives are doing doesn't meet with the view of most citizens.
Definitely you can say that. Same here in Japan. Government has been keeping doing opposite things of most citizens want them to do *sigh*

(#97 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

02-28-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
2050 east asia map made by department of Chinese foreign ministry

中国 China
ロシア Russia
朝鮮省 Korea prefecture of China
東海省 East sea prefecture of China
日本自治区 Japanese territory controlled by China

How scary our future is!

by the way most people in China are nice. What's bad is that dictator communist party of china.
Now this can't seriously be happening! Don't really know what to say about this.. I can't really believe it. I did not had the time to search something about this on google, but I am going to do so soon.
(#98 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-01-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Now this can't seriously be happening! Don't really know what to say about this.. I can't really believe it. I did not had the time to search something about this on google, but I am going to do so soon.
I don't trust that map 100% either. But that likely happen since China has been having territorial conflicts against Vietnam, Taiwan, Russia, India, East Turkestan, Tibet, North Korea, Mongol, and Japan for several decades. They are pretty vicious about expanding their territories. Nobody wants war even most people in China , but it looks like Chinese government is going for wars. They already have been super power in Asia. that's what I'm afraid of.

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 03-01-2011 at 12:11 PM.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-01-2011, 01:11 PM

I guess on topic.
My father lived in S. Korea and brought a lot of asian influence into the household. Even from my earliest memories, I remember learning how to use chopsticks, helping wash rice for the rice cooker, going to the local grocery and getting fresh kimchi and other asian produce, among other things.

I grew up in Baltimore, but I went to DC regularly as a child. My favorite place was always Chinatown. It wasn't really the fact that I could distinguish Chinese and Korean culture among the other asian cultures at such a young age, but I just knew that I liked them because they were different from the normal American lifestyle I was used to seeing.

When I was around 16 years old, a Filipino family became my next door neighbors. They were more than welcoming in showing me their culture and having me over to eat every day as my mother worked full time and my father was overseas. What made them unique other than their Filipino culture was that they had moved from Japan, where they'd been living for the past 6 years. Their son was about my age, so we hit it off quickly and he would share stories about life in Japan. I never had the intention of moving there or anything, but from then a lot of other Japanese related things started to accumulate, such as going to import car shows, and practicing martial arts.

Trying to keep this brief, my interest in Asian culture after that disappeared until I entered university. My macro-biology teacher was a native Japanese, and she often shared snippets of Japanese culture with the class. I still didn't ever plan on moving to Japan, but I kind of threw around some possibilities again.

Later, life got monotonous. I was in business school, but I didn't know what I wanted to do. I had planned on playing college lacrosse, but that didn't work out and I didn't have any solid plans other than continuing my business degree.

Then one day I applied to school in Japan and got in.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#100 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I guess on topic.
My father lived in S. Korea and brought a lot of asian influence into the household. Even from my earliest memories, I remember learning how to use chopsticks, helping wash rice for the rice cooker, going to the local grocery and getting fresh kimchi and other asian produce, among other things.
wow! many Asian kids don't know how to wash rices. that's why pre-washed rices are popular today.

Quote:
I grew up in Baltimore, but I went to DC regularly as a child. My favorite place was always Chinatown. It wasn't really the fact that I could distinguish Chinese and Korean culture among the other asian cultures at such a young age, but I just knew that I liked them because they were different from the normal American lifestyle I was used to seeing.

When I was around 16 years old, a Filipino family became my next door neighbors. They were more than welcoming in showing me their culture and having me over to eat every day as my mother worked full time and my father was overseas. What made them unique other than their Filipino culture was that they had moved from Japan, where they'd been living for the past 6 years. Their son was about my age, so we hit it off quickly and he would share stories about life in Japan. I never had the intention of moving there or anything, but from then a lot of other Japanese related things started to accumulate, such as going to import car shows, and practicing martial arts.
that's the good thing about America. You can meet many people from many different countries.

Quote:
Trying to keep this brief, my interest in Asian culture after that disappeared until I entered university. My macro-biology teacher was a native Japanese, and she often shared snippets of Japanese culture with the class. I still didn't ever plan on moving to Japan, but I kind of threw around some possibilities again.

Later, life got monotonous. I was in business school, but I didn't know what I wanted to do. I had planned on playing college lacrosse, but that didn't work out and I didn't have any solid plans other than continuing my business degree.

Then one day I applied to school in Japan and got in.
Forgotten things which were important to you in your childhood often can trigger your motivation to start making some actions by really tiny reason. it can't be stopped like flood. I had that kind of experiences too. Thank you for sharing an interesting story.