JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#311 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 01:42 AM

now I wonder if radiation can kill woods. Shirakami mountain and its vast virgin forest is near the Fukushima plant. That forest is our heritage.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#312 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post radioactivity - 03-13-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
again! the level of radioactive is rising like a sky rocket around the fukushima plant.
It was predictable. Good that Fukushima reactor's core wasn't exploded. BWR has another design by comparison to Soviet RBMK-type reactor from Chernobyl power plant.
Now Fukushima reactor is a kind of melting pot with uncontrolled process inside that breathes out radioactive vapor. They are trying to pour a mix of sea water with bromic acid inside core and therefore much radioactive vapor evaporates out. The level of radiation is rising.
(#313 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:10 AM

Are there any Japanese students who study in the states with F-1 visa? American government declared that you can exceptionally have jobs in the states if your parents no longer enable to support you financially because of all these disasters. So, stay at where you are and don't you ever attempt to come back until things subside.

(#314 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
03-13-2011, 02:14 AM

Now it's six reactors who have cooling problems. It keeps getting worse. Radioactivity levels in Fukushima are beyond the legal limit already.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#315 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
It was predictable. Good that Fukushima reactor's core wasn't exploded. BWR has another design by comparison to Soviet RBMK-type reactor from Chernobyl power plant.
Now Fukushima reactor is a kind of melting pot with uncontrolled process inside that breathes out radioactive vapor. They are trying to pour a mix of sea water with bromic acid inside core and therefore much radioactive vapor evaporates out. The level of radiation is rising.
They just started pouring coolant into 3rd reactor. I don't know if its proper coolant or sea water tho.....

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 03-13-2011 at 02:21 AM.
(#316 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post coolant - 03-13-2011, 02:29 AM

Quote:
They just started pouring coolant into 3rd reactor. I don't know if its actual coolant or sea water tho.....
In this situation any significant amount of any water would be OK. Remember the movie K-19 Widowmaker? The film was based on real events. They got a situation onboard nuclear-powered sub when cooling system of nuclear reactor was broken. The reactor began to overheat. Technicians offered a plan to pour in cooling system of reactor drinkable fresh water from big reservoir. Finally reactor was cooled. Those, who accomplished a work in reactor zone got huge dozes of radiation. The source of radiation in K-19 reactor was a radioactive water from a broken cooling system. The main source of radiation in Fukushima plant seem to be mostly a radioactive vapor.
They need to get enormous amount of bromic acid to stop and uncontrolled reaction inside and melting.
(#317 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
In this situation any significant amount of any water would be OK. Remember the movie K-19 Widowmaker? The film was based on real events. They got a situation onboard nuclear-powered sub when cooling system of nuclear reactor was broken. The reactor began to overheat. Technicians offered a plan to pour in cooling system of reactor drinkable fresh water from big reservoir. Finally reactor was cooled. Those, who accomplished a work in reactor zone got huge dozes of radiation. The source of radiation in K-19 reactor was a radioactive water from a broken cooling system. The main source of radiation in Fukushima plant seem to be mostly a radioactive vapor.
They need to get enormous amount of bromic acid to stop and uncontrolled reaction inside and melting.
I see. And I am starting to understand what is wrong. They must be short in boric acid.....

(#318 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-13-2011, 02:43 AM

by the way, this is such a sunny and beautiful Sunday morning here. I should enjoy shopping rather than worrying about our future. I wanna punch the earth since she's been annoying us with all these aftershocks. let's say it's bout time to hit the road! haha

(#319 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post bromic acid - 03-13-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
I see. And I am starting to understand what is wrong. They must be short in boric acid.....
Yes, this is quite possible. In this case Japanese leadership should ask any help of China, France, Russia and USA as soon as possible. Those countries have nuclear plants and developed various countermeasures for every sort of possible incidents.

Last edited by termogard : 03-13-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: typo
(#320 (permalink))
Old
robinkun (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to robinkun Send a message via Skype™ to robinkun
03-13-2011, 03:19 AM

Quote:
let's say it's bout time to hit the road! haha

lolxD
how is tokyo doing anyway?