(#811 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-30-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
Okay, so visas may not be required.... Do you speak Japanese and are willing to interpret for the entire nation? Are you rich and are willing to pay for the relocation of 127,000,000 people? I surely hope this was a vague attempt at humor, because anything else is just rubbish, well-intentioned as it may be....
LOL, I know .... Then we move everyone in California to all that open land Montana, Idaho, and the Dakotas in case California finally decides to sink into the Pacific like they have been predicting forever.

Let's see future generations explain that population shift 100 years from now!

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#812 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

03-30-2011, 03:44 PM

LOL @ RealJames and his wit.... Too funny!
(#813 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

03-30-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
LOL @ RealJames and his wit.... Too funny!
I couldn't have done it without a little help from Wings and his Last Samurai bash

- bow - - bow -

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#814 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-30-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
It's true what he is saying guys. We are the reason of Global Warming and Global Warming is the reason why we have more an more Natural Disasters these days.. not saying that we wouldn't have any without the industrialization by us human, but we certainly wouldn't have that many.

It's all our fault and how we treated our planet earth!

btw guys I am almost all the time unable to post on this forum these days.. how could I fix that problem? Perhaps my Firewall or AntiVir Programm?? I want to contribute more in these terrible times
My god another bloody German!! What is it with these people and their conspiracy theories and pseudo science bullshit??? Is the whole country full of nutjobs or are they all just congregating on this forum??

Gee what a shame you can't post more in these terrible times!!! LoL
(#815 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

03-30-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
My god another bloody German!! What is it with these people and their conspiracy theories and pseudo science bullshit??? Is the whole country full of nutjobs or are they all just congregating on this forum??

Gee what a shame you can't post more in these terrible times!!! LoL
Actually, I supported you and my man RealJames very much in the "Leave the Area Thread". You guys handled this girl more nicely than I would ever had.

stay strong down there and keep your positive thoughts going! Japan won't ever go down like this. And please don't be another one of those foreigner's who just leave the Japanese alone and who do a runner. I look up too both of you in this terrible situation!

but I'm still trying to figure out why I can't post more then 1 post a day

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 03-30-2011 at 10:24 PM.
(#816 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post radiation-contaminated water - 03-31-2011, 12:42 AM

Efforts to remove radiation-contaminated water filling up at a troubled reactor building and an underground trench connected to it at the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant have hit a snag, casting a shadow on restoration of the vital cooling functions at the site, the government's nuclear safety agency said Wednesday.

The evolving nuclear crisis also showed no signs of abating, as the agency said the same day the highest concentration of radioactive iodine-131 was detected Tuesday in a seawater sample taken near the plant's drainage outlets in the Pacific Ocean. The density was 3,355 times the maximum level permitted under law.

Workers rushed to pump out radiation-polluted water that has been filling up the basement of the No. 1 reactor's turbine building and the tunnel-like trench connected to it, but they found out Tuesday a tank accommodating the water from the building had become full, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said.

Experts had suggested that the emergency injection of seawater into the Nos. 1-3 reactor cores to cool them down would eventually lead to their dismantlement, as salt and impure substances in seawater causes equipment corrosion.

Nishiyama said it is expected to take at least 20 years to finish the procedures to decommission the six-reactor Fukushima plant. Katsumata said TEPCO considers it as an option to cover the troubled reactors with ''stone coffins'' made of concrete and iron, a solution adopted in the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear crisis.

Kyodo News
(#817 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-31-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post

but I'm still trying to figure out why I can't post more then 1 post a day
That is not a limitation moderators can place on users.
(#818 (permalink))
Old
max1024 (Offline)
New to JF

03-31-2011, 03:06 AM

The other thread was closed, people get too emotional at times... Whatever:
Quote:
(Reuters) - Radiation measured at a village 40 km from Japan's crippled nuclear plant exceeded a criterion for evacuation, the U.N. nuclear watchdog said on Wednesday, the latest sign of widening consequences from the crisis.
Source
I still advise people in the area 80km around Fukushima plants to leave the area as soon as possible.
Quote:
Smoke Briefly Detected At Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Plant

TOKYO (Kyodo)--Smoke was temporarily seen at the No. 1 reactor of the Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant, but it soon disappeared, its operator said Wednesday.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said smoke was detected at around 5:56 p.m. from a power distribution panel on the first floor of the turbine building at the reactor. The company, known as TEPCO, said it made a call to a local fire department.

The announcement came at a time when efforts are under way to contain the nuclear crisis at the radiation-leaking Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex, hit by the devastating March 11 earthquake and ensuing tsunami.

The Fukushima Daini plant is located about 10 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi plant, and its four reactors have been stable in so-called ''cold shutdown'' after suspending operations following the quake.
Source
It might be interesting for some people. Fukushima Daini is 10km afar from Fukushima Daichi. The smoke lasted for approximatly one hour.
Quote:
Japan Weighs Entombing Nuclear Plant on Chain Reaction Risk
Source
What they don't say is the fact that to entomb it they need to cool it down constantly for a long period of time. It may take 2-3 years otherwise the concrete would accelerate the core meltdown followed by corrosion into the ground.
They still can't stop plutonium leakage into the sea.

Last edited by max1024 : 03-31-2011 at 03:21 AM.
(#819 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

03-31-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max1024 View Post
I still advise people in the area 80km around Fukushima plants to leave the area as soon as possible.
I wonder where you get this 80km from. Is it calculated? Is it just precautionary based on the original 40km and just doubling it to "ere on the side of caution" ?
Does your advisement carry more weight than those who have advised 40km, 100km, or 1000miles? Has there been any more thought or research put into it than the advisement of 1000miles we received from a certain hyperbolic, callous, self righteous "adviser"?

Yes, shit is going down. Yes, it sucks. No, fear and improperly justified action or reaction is never the right course of action, in any situation.

edit: I'd like to add that when I see quotes and carefully chosen facts superimposed with opinion and the distinction isn't being made clear, that sophism is at large and those more susceptible to it are the victims of reason.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.

Last edited by RealJames : 03-31-2011 at 03:59 AM.
(#820 (permalink))
Old
lbtan (Offline)
New to JF

03-31-2011, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I wonder where you get this 80km from. Is it calculated? Is it just precautionary based on the original 40km and just doubling it to "ere on the side of caution" ?
Does your advisement carry more weight than those who have advised 40km, 100km, or 1000miles?
Has there been any more thought or research put into it than the advisement of 1000miles we received from a certain hyperbolic, callous, self righteous "adviser"?

Yes, shit is going down. Yes, it sucks. No, fear and improperly justified action or reaction is never the right course of action, in any situation.

edit: I'd like to add that when I see quotes and carefully chosen facts superimposed with opinion and the distinction isn't being made clear, that sophism is at large and those more susceptible to it are the victims of reason.
It sure does carry a lot more weight.

US NRC also recommed this distance for American citizen residing in Japan.
Warden Message | Embassy of the United States Tokyo, Japan

This distance has also been adopted by British embassy. Any British nationals currently within 80km of the facility are advised to leave the area or take shelter indoors.
Japan travel advice

I ain't nuclear scientist and sure cannot provide you the technical ar scientific details. But i believe even if we are adviced to 'leave the area' (hopefully you are not allegic to the phrase) on PRECAUTIONARY ground, i will be more that happy to accept the advice. Precaution and prevention where and when is reasonable is always better than aftermath reaction to problem.