LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Calm down please and get back on topic. Personal threats are not needed on either side. Thank you.
I think I'm being polite.

You need to tell the cowboy here to holster his keyboard though.

He's the one who came in here "guns blazing".

(example of a figure of speech lol)
(#42 (permalink))
Old
flybike (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
All my friends in Japan are safe.

So I no longer care about the Earthquake.

My attitude to natural disasters is like "Meh... sh*t happens".

If Japan was for example invaded by China or Russia though (i.e. a man-made disaster).. then I'd be following it to the second.
I think you must read history. in fact Japan invaded China in the Second World War. It is not "if".
this earthquake is a huge disaster. every people,every countries will aid who include china, no invade ever and never.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-15-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybike View Post
I think you must read history. in fact Japan invaded China in the Second World War. It is not "if".
this earthquake is a huge disaster. every people,every countries will aid who include china, no invade ever and never.
Sure.

I was just trying to emphasise that when I hear of natural disasters I don't really get so worked up about it.

To me it's just nature.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2011, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
What the hell's a weeaboo? never heard of that before.
A Weeaboo is someone who really wishes they were Japanese, and/or who have an absolute, almost creepy obsession with Japan and all things Japanese.

For example, the person who I quoted who wished Japan won World War 2 and invaded her country, America, would be a Weeaboo, as that is seriously not a good thing today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I cried when I saw Haiti and I cried when I saw Japan. We don't have to pick 'which we feel the most sad about.' Japan feels more real to me because I have friends there - that's human nature. You can't help how strongly you feel about a particular event.

Why all the otaku hate? It doesn't affect you how sad they are about Japan. Geez, just cut them some slack, they're kids, put them on ignore.
But yes, what I'm saying is they ARE picking and choosing, they don't give a damn about anywhere but their obsession, Japan. And that just hits a nerve with me.

I know why, but I can't tell you, I'm sorry. It's something that'd probably make everyone not like me. I know this question I ask is strange, and something no normal person would worry about. But trust me, to me the responses I get to this are of huge importance to me and my mentality. :/

And as mentioned, your case of knowing people there is perfectly fine, as you actually have physical connections to the country. But the people I'm talking about have never been within 1000 miles of there.

Like I said, I know my issues seem strange, and I'm sorry, but for a deep reason I need to raise them. :/