JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   leave the area (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/36594-leave-area.html)

GoNative 03-18-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluejeanslady (Post 857330)
the developement is exactly what i sayed a few days before ... no one feels responsible ... 20 miles is much too short ... 500 000 "saved" people sit there without food, drinking, help in a one way road ...

well, if you read this, you are in the area and you can go outside because of the radiation, so if you can LEAVE THE AREA as far as you can ... in direction osaka, tokio is not enough ... everybody is moving away ... our tv says, tomorrow on friday, lately saturday is it ending and it doesnt look good says the experts ... and my opinion, if there is no wonder happening it will be no happy end ... and i really hope we have no wordwide global problems, thats the next point ... :confused:

How about you LEAVE THIS FORUM and go as far as you can back to whatever nutjob forums you normally post on. You have absolutely no idea what it is like to be in Japan at the moment. You appear to be listening to some of the worst excesses of the western media and taking it as absolute truth. How about staying away from here until you learn better. You may be posting this crap out of genuine concern but believe it or not your fearmongering will not be of any help whatsoever and the Japanese will make their own decisions for their own safety. Your advice is worthless and best kept to yourself.

Ryzorian 03-18-2011 04:09 AM

Bluejeanslady; it's not as bad as the western media is describeing it. They just hype it for rateings. Hell, in the 50's you could see the mushroom clouds from nuke tests in Vegas....I don't see anything wrong in vegas because of it, well other than Normal vegas stuff.

MMM 03-18-2011 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryzorian (Post 857415)
Bluejeanslady; it's not as bad as the western media is describeing it. They just hype it for rateings. Hell, in the 50's you could see the mushroom clouds from nuke tests in Vegas....I don't see anything wrong in vegas because of it, well other than Normal vegas stuff.

Not quite, Ryozarian. Look up "Vegas downwinders". It wasn't Vegas that was affected, but those to the east of Vegas.

Celte 03-18-2011 11:20 AM

France, Germany, Switzerland and Finland are all pulling citizens from Tokyo.

Germany and Finland decided to move their embassy in Osaka.

Criirad, an independant laboratory in France, which sometimes we hear on the media, has produced a document about levels of radioactivity in Tokyo :

http://www.criirad.org/actualites/do...17-CPtokyo.pdf

Celte 03-18-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by termogard (Post 857355)
You know, looking at current european news everyone can see nothing short of a bunch of various sorts of hysterical alarmists and irresponsible cowards.

I don't agree with that. Most of european medias are just saying the facts.

termogard 03-18-2011 11:52 AM

media

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celte (Post 857533)
I don't agree with that. Most of european medias are just saying the facts.

Which facts? Perhaps, something like that :

The European Union's energy commissioner Guenther Oettinger said today that the Japanese nuclear disaster is a lot worse than what Japan is declaring. In fact, he believes it could be an apocalypse:

"There is talk of an apocalypse and I think the word is particularly well chosen [...] I hope that it doesn't happen, but we can't rule out that the worst case scenario [a complete meltdown a la Chernobyl] happens in the next few hours or days."

IAEA head says situation at Japan's Daiichi nuclear power plant is very serious; says core damage at units 1-3 of Japan's quake-hit nuclear plant confirmed -
Reuters

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:48:25 AM ET

Can you imaging a typical reaction of europeans, especially obsessed on religion and not well-educated ?!:D

Celte 03-18-2011 12:03 PM

Man... I don't care about the words of some unelected bureaucrat in Bruxelles.

Now we have numbers from the Criirad. At this time this is no more appropriate to tell lies or to make fun of the situation.

Well i think the english-speaking japanese are already informed so i'll leave this topic. This is crazy, they have to know the truth in Tokyo, NOW !

GoNative 03-18-2011 12:08 PM

The French have a political agenda in regards to their advice which is not based on science whatsoever. Unfortunately since the bloody French overeaction all other countries have to cover their arses and attempt not to look like they ere abandoning their citizens when the French are doing all they can. All the French have done is add to the fearmongering. Frankly I'm happy to say adieu to the lot of em!!

godwine 03-18-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by termogard (Post 857537)
Which facts? Perhaps, something like that :

The European Union's energy commissioner Guenther Oettinger said today that the Japanese nuclear disaster is a lot worse than what Japan is declaring. In fact, he believes it could be an apocalypse:

"There is talk of an apocalypse and I think the word is particularly well chosen [...] I hope that it doesn't happen, but we can't rule out that the worst case scenario [a complete meltdown a la Chernobyl] happens in the next few hours or days."

IAEA head says situation at Japan's Daiichi nuclear power plant is very serious; says core damage at units 1-3 of Japan's quake-hit nuclear plant confirmed -
Reuters

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:48:25 AM ET

Can you imaging a typical reaction of europeans, especially obsessed on religion and not well-educated ?!:D

In a way they are right.. IF everyone just sit and scream "Oh my god" and do nothing about it...

One thing people failed to see is that there are un-selfish people there that's working hard to contain that, and their hard work, while slow, is making progress.....

Let them believe its an apocalypse, and later on everyone will think that the Japanese stopped an apocalypse from happening....

The thing is, the US military is working with the Japanese to contain this. If people really need to be evacuated as far as in Tokyo, I am sure the military will be aware of it, and will definitely be all over it

European countries pulling their citizen out is only a preventive measure, it wasn't because "Oh my god, Tokyo is radioactive", there is a RISK that it can turn that way, so its just a risk mitigation thing. Similar things were done when a war broke out anywhere else... and similar things also happened in Indonesia back in the 2004 quake....

Nyororin 03-18-2011 12:15 PM

For those on Facebook who are NOT leaving the area...
There is a group for those who are not choosing to run off.

We're staying for now, thanks

If the link doesn`t work, then try searching for it "We're staying for now, thanks".