LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-17-2011, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin View Post
I do understand your point. As I aspect, people are already creating jokes on this event and one of them I saw is "Finally. A natural disaster in a country I don't have to give money to." But it's the way within your posts that appears negative if you know what I mean.
Thank you.

Oh yeah.. and I agree that those people are terrible.

I heard Glenn Beck (Famous Conservative American radio and TV talkshow host) say something like it was God's punishment.

I hate Glenn Beck with a passion already.

Rapper 50cent made some really retarded jokes about it too.
(#182 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
ok i got it,

I better get on with my assignment now.

See you later mate
Yup.. good luck dude.
(#183 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-17-2011, 07:08 AM

With all those people in the world you hate Ronin, how do you find time to like anyone?
(#184 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
03-17-2011, 08:34 AM

What's wrong with donating to Haiti and Japan? People are people. If people need help because of something they had no control over (a major natural disaster), what's wrong with helping them regardless of the economic standpoint of said area or country? Seems weird to even be thinking about that since, to me, I'd think of the victims way before the country's economical standing. To be honest, economics would've never factored into that at all.
(#185 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-17-2011, 09:47 AM

I didn't donate to Haiti well because to be honest I didn't even know there was an issue there! Living in Japan kind of cuts you off from the rest of the world if you don't actively attempt to stay in touch and I haven't.
(#186 (permalink))
Old
Ghap (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2011, 10:03 AM

Ronin I see points your trying to make

but

donations after natural disasters are not put into rebuilding infastructure...as far as I know the Red cross will not start rebuilding roads, goverment buildings and the idea that it will go to private housing is laughable.

think simple a blanket to help keep warm..maybe some clean water to drink.

By your logic if Bill gates got his legs crushed outside my house I shouldnt offer him comfort or aid because hes got lots of cash.
(#187 (permalink))
Old
electrorock (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Japan is the world's third richest country. I don't mean to sound heartless because I'm sorry for the tragedy. But my charity will be going elsewhere to people who needed it before the Earthquake (as it always does).

It's ironic giving charity to a country that is so rich and probably quite thouroughly insured.

It's like giving money to Charlie Sheen if his house blew up.

I've decided to delete the emotional appeal because the merits of my argument are purely rational, that and I'm sick of my comments being misinterpreted as being "heartless" or "sick"
Typical demagogic ignorant comment. I guess you are not a PhD in economics...
Hmm...how could i start...? ok, forget it. Go back to school.

Too bad this is my 1st post in here. Hello everyone!
(#188 (permalink))
Old
whitekitsune18 (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2011, 06:19 PM

Listen Ronin I do see what your trying to say but cursing when someone doesn't agree with you won't solve anything. People donate to what they want there is nothing we do to change that.

Now I think of what your trying to do is honorable of you but starting a fight with other members wasn't very smart. Try to keep a cool head next time ok? Listen I do hope your words reached most people, and be more carful next time never pull the race card that only starts war.

Theres my 2 Cents
(#189 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
03-17-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Japan is the world's third richest country. I don't mean to sound heartless because I'm sorry for the tragedy. But my charity will be going elsewhere to people who needed it before the Earthquake (as it always does).

It's ironic giving charity to a country that is so rich and probably quite thouroughly insured.

It's like giving money to Charlie Sheen if his house blew up.
I couldn't agree more.

Japan will pull through. There's plenty of other countries that need the money more than Japan does. I'm more worried about the nuclear reactor leak and all this stuff, rather than the tsunami cause this is a problem that can be fixed with time and fortunately Japan has economic resources to solve the damage caused by the earthquake.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#190 (permalink))
Old
globetrotter36 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to globetrotter36
03-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
this is a problem that can be fixed with time and fortunately Japan has economic resources to solve the damage caused by the earthquake.
People have lost homes and families, I am not sure time will ever fix their suffering. As for your statement; 'Japan has economic resources to solve the damage', I would cast doubt on that assertion since the country is now accepting foreign aid.