JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#171 (permalink))
Old
Kuroyagi (Offline)
Banned

03-16-2011, 11:33 PM

I would rather give support to Japan simply because I happen to have friends there, I have lived there for a long time, I like its culture and have a personal connection to it whereas to Haiti I don't.
(#172 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-16-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
how old are u?

do u think your words aren't provocation?

are u a dictator? no? then learn to accept not everyone will suddenly think the same as you no matter how rational your thoughts may seem. This is the point.

after all of those comments surely u must have realised already not everyone will accept what you think. So why are you persisting on this? do you think after another 5000 posts everyone will agree? no of course not. So why do you bother?
My words are not intended to provoke anger. Rather provoke thought.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But if you're going to challenge a point I make then expect me to defend it as long as I believe in it.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-16-2011 at 11:38 PM.
(#173 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-16-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
My words are not intended to provoke anger. Rather provoke thought.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But if you're going to challenge a point I make then expect me to defend it as long as I believe in it.
Sure defend it all you wish, just when someone says something you disagree with, don't say it is b/s etc. After they hear that, they wont want to know what you have to say, because you aren't interested in what they have to say, and in the end both people will go around in circles.
(#174 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-16-2011, 11:40 PM

I've already donated a very considerable amount to the Red Cross.

If I hadn't, I would've pledged a few dollars for every post made by Ronin4hire in this thread.
(#175 (permalink))
Old
Wendy88 (Offline)
New to JF

03-16-2011, 11:43 PM

Im sick of people like you saying why should people donate there money to Japan? This is not about Japan being a rich country. This is about assisting and helping people to re-build their lives.
(#176 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-16-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Sure defend it all you wish, just when someone says something you disagree with, don't say it is b/s etc. After they hear that, they wont want to know what you have to say, because you aren't interested in what they have to say, and in the end both people will go around in circles.
I'm actually listening to what everyone is saying but they aren't listening to me.

Often repeating the same points about overall aid when I'm only really referring to financial assistance.

Some say that they have a closer affinity to Japan than other countries which I can only reply, big deal.... so do I.

I have lived there and studied it's history and culture for years. I appreciate Japan... but I am under no illusions as to their position in the world as the world's third richest country. Japan might be going through a tough spot at the moment but they'll cope financially at least (and where they can't cope I'm more than happy to send aid packages.. I mentioned earlier that I will be donating some spare blankets and sleeping bags to Japan).

Some want to deny that the Red Cross is completely seperate from Japan. As an organization it is but it doesn't address the point that financial contributions are being made to assist a country that can easily pay for itself.

Then you have the ridiculuous and even sometimes borderline racist points concerning things like macro-economics etc.

One guy even said that we need to donate money because the Japanese might have lost access to their ATM's lol.

Against all these points that I have READ and UNDERSTOOD I still think my point stands.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-17-2011 at 12:02 AM.
(#177 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-17-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
I'm actually listening to what everyone is saying but they aren't listening to me.

Often repeating the same points about overall aid when I'm only really referring to financial assistance.

Some say that they have a closer affinity to Japan than other countries which I can only reply, big deal.... so do I.

I have lived there and studied it's history and culture for years. I appreciate Japan... but I am under no illusions as to their position in the world as the world's third richest country. Japan might be going through a tough spot at the moment but they'll cope financially at least (and where they can't cope I'm more than happy to send aid packages.. I mentioned earlier that I will be donating some spare blankets and sleeping bags to Japan).

Some want to deny that the Red Cross is completely seperate from Japan. As an organization it is but it doesn't address the point that financial contributions are being made to assist a country that can easily pay for itself.

Then you have the ridiculuous and even sometimes borderline racist points concerning things like macro-economics.

One guy even said that we need to donate money because the Japanese might have lost access to their ATM's lol.

Against all these points that I have READ and UNDERSTOOD I still think my point stands.
I agree with some of what you said, but you know something, not everyone considers rational logic and they go with their feelings. And feelings aren't always rational, that's just how it is. So even though what you say is rationally sound, people's emotions say completely different, and it's not going to get anywhere. If I was you I'd just leave it at that, i don't know why you want to carry on with other people.

I want people to donate everywhere also, I am doing the Japan one, because it is current. And even if my hard earned money goes to Japan, I don't care because I would have wasted it on an iPad anyway. I have no regrets and I still donate to other charities also.
(#178 (permalink))
Old
Anjin (Offline)
JF Regular

03-17-2011, 12:06 AM

I do understand your point. As I aspect, people are already creating jokes on this event and one of them I saw is "Finally. A natural disaster in a country I don't have to give money to." But it's the way within your posts that appears negative if you know what I mean.
(#179 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-17-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
I agree with some of what you said, but you know something, not everyone considers rational logic and they go with their feelings. And feelings aren't always rational, that's just how it is. So even though what you say is rationally sound, people's emotions say completely different, and it's not going to get anywhere. If I was you I'd just leave it at that, i don't know why you want to carry on with other people.

I want people to donate everywhere also, I am doing the Japan one, because it is current. And even if my hard earned money goes to Japan, I don't care because I would have wasted it on an iPad anyway. I have no regrets and I still donate to other charities also.
Well again... even though we disagree... respect to you for your work in charity and to anyone that gives out of kindness.

I acknowledge that people are more emotional about this sort of thing than rational.

I guess I'm not that kind of guy.
(#180 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-17-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Well again... even though we disagree... respect to you for your work in charity and to anyone that gives out of kindness.

I acknowledge that people are more emotional about this sort of thing than rational.

I guess I'm not that kind of guy.
ok i got it,

I better get on with my assignment now.

See you later mate