JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post Cure that may protect against possible radiation exposure - 03-16-2011, 04:05 AM

Here they are :

Red Wine

quote :

A natural antioxidant commonly found in red wine, may offer protection against radiation exposure, according to a study by the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.

When altered with acetyl, resveratrol (the antioxidant) administered before radiation exposure proved to protect cells from radiation in mouse models, the researcher found.

The study has been presented during the American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology's (ASTRO) 50th Annual Meeting in Boston.

The study, led by Joel Greenberger, M.D., professor and chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, is overseen by Pitt's Center for Medical Countermeasures Against Radiation.

The center is dedicated to identifying and developing small molecule radiation protectors and mitigators that easily can be accessed and administered in the event of a large-scale radiological or nuclear emergency.

"New, small molecules with radioprotective capacity will be required for treatment in case of radiation spills or even as countermeasures against radiological terrorism," said Dr. Greenberger.

"Small molecules which can be easily stored, transported and administered are optimal for this, and so far acetylated resveratrol fits these requirements well," the expert added.

"Currently there are no drugs on the market that protect against or counteract radiation exposure. Our goal is to develop treatments for the general population that are effective and non-toxic," he added.

Source

Vodka

quote :

A friend of mine, a helicopter pilot, called me in the middle of the night and said: come quick, something's going on in Chernobyl! Something's happened there! It takes about forty-five minutes to fly from Kiev to Chernobyl. The helicopter made a terrible din, so we'd put on ear protectors and didn't talk on the way. On our approach to Chernobyl, I suddenly saw the extent of the catastrophe, the burning, open reactor: an eerie, magical scene. And it was completely silent – I couldn't hear a thing because of the ear protectors.

On the way back all of a sudden my throat tightened. I felt queasy. I began to cough and had to throw up. It hadn't got anything to do with flying in the helicopter, I'd never had a problem with that. Then when I'd developed the films in the lab I saw that that only the first six or seven exposures were on the film. The rest was black. That came from the radiation. It had destroyed the motors of the cameras and the film. By the end all the cameras had broken down.

I was effectively there for one year after the catastrophe, not for the whole time, but again and again. I'd take photos in Chernobyl and then go back to the office in Kiev for three or four days to develop them. I always felt sick when I came back to Kiev. They told us to drink vodka – the radiation was supposed to accumulate in the thyroid glands at first. And the vodka was supposed to clean them. That was prescribed to us straight up: half a glass of vodka for every two hours in Chernobyl. I don't believe it really had any sense, but I did it every time I got back to Kiev. I drank a bottle of vodka and lots of water. After that it seemed to me the organism had been cleaned.

Source

Mushrooms
Absorbs 137Cs and 134Cs

quote:

Reishi has been called an "immune potentiator." Recent studies have indicated that Reishi can have a number of other effects: Analgesic, Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiviral through inducing interferon production, Lowers blood pressure, Cardiotonic action through lowering serum cholesterol, Expectorant & Antitussive, Liver (Hepatitis)-protecting and detoxifying, protection against ionizing radiation, Antibacterial, and Anti-HIV activity. Reishi contains calcium, iron and phosphorus as well as vitamins C, D, and B - including pantothenic acid, which is essential to nerve function and the adrenal glands.

Source

Iodine pills (potassium tablets)

quote :

You need a little bit of iodine so the thyroid gland in your neck can make hormones to regulate your metabolism. But your body can't tell the difference between the normal iodine found in salt or seafood and the radioactive variety from a wayward nuclear power station.

So the thyroid, which concentrates iodine, can get a hefty dose of radiation from I-131 that makes it into the food supply after a nuclear incident. The radiation can hike the risk for subsequent thyroid cancer.

"Iodine is the building block for thyroid hormone," Nestor Rigual, a head and neck surgeon at Roswell Park Cancer Institute explains to Shots. "The thyroid tissue has a very specific and strong affinity for absorbing iodine." Potassium tablets can saturate the gland and crowd out the radioactive iodine in a chemcial competition, he says. "In that way, the radioactive iodine doesn't have as high a chance of damaging the gland."

Sourse

Recomendations :

Radioactive SMOG

If you suspect you are in a high contamination zone take the same steps as you would to protect from dust contamination. Use a dust mask or a respirator. Stay indoors. Use your air conditioning or forced air system to filter your air if possible.

If you have good reason to be concerned about radiation contamination from Japan or any other source you may want to purchase a radiation monitor. These are available as Geiger Counters as well as personal badges to be worn on your clothing to detected and document radioactive contamination.

Another important thing to remember is that radiation is often in the form of particulate matter and can usually be washed off with soap and water. Foods can be washed and peeled. It is important to remember to wash the tops of containers off before you open them as this is a neglected pathway for contamination of all sorts

Source