JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 01:35 PM

I don't get why you are being so agressive. And you're probably safe in Hokkaido.

Last edited by Celte : 03-19-2011 at 01:39 PM.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2011, 01:46 PM

Because information is not just information. This is one of the big issues with information from the internet. Because anyone, anywhere can publish anything they want with absolutely no oversight of the veracity of their claims then one of the great challenges these days is to be able to discern if you are being told the truth or anything close to it. If it's from some of the most respected news outlets in the world like for instance the BBC then you at least have some measure of assurance that they are going to try and verify the information they release is correct. If on the other hand you watch Fox news or if in the UK you read the The Sun you can be pretty sure that what you hear and read is mostly crap. If you search some obscure internet blogs where the people writing are basically anonymous and you have no clear indication of their credentials or how exactly they get their information then there is little if anything they write that you could trust. It is especially hard to find anything remotely accurate about science from most internet blogs. Half the degrees these people have are from some obscure right wing, fundamentalist Christian university in the deep south of the US. For $500 you can get a doctorate to put in front of your name as well! It's one of the reasons there is so much misinformation about things like global warming and also why there is so much misinformation about what is occurring in Japan.

I'm agressive because there's a little group of people like you who have only recently started posting on this forum and purely in response to the crisis here. You know nothing about Japan. You know nothing about the situation here besides what information you choose to gleam from here and there. And your previous link shows the calibre of sites you are choosing to get informaiton from. I don't know what it is but people like you are suddenly coming out of the woodwork on this forum and I for one am not appreaciative of your naive insights and attempts at creating more fear in this country. That's why I'm agressive.

Last edited by GoNative : 03-19-2011 at 01:51 PM.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Come on, does situation create panic or people who relate about the situation ? It's the same old story about killing the messenger.

But you tell me it's useless so i'll stop.
(#54 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 02:09 PM

So all information on the internet or from the media is equal? None of us need worry about being discerning at all about the informaiton we read, hear or see? Some conspiracy nut posting from the US is just as trustworthy as say the Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK? Interesting way of looking at things. But you're just the messenger and you can't be held accountable in anyway can you?

Anyway thanks for stopping. I'm sure you can find plenty of other forums in which you can spread your message with plenty of people who agree with anything you choose to post.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-20-2011, 03:59 AM

Radioactive food is easier to eat in the dark...cause it glows, plus you can utilize the four food groups based on what color it glows.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post food - 03-20-2011, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Radioactive food is easier to eat in the dark...cause it glows, plus you can utilize the four food groups based on what color it glows.
An angry and bad joke....

Last edited by termogard : 03-20-2011 at 05:17 AM. Reason: timed out
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-20-2011, 06:27 PM

It's not angery, it's sarcastic. Nor is it bad, it's pointing out how nutso everyone is makeing this out to be. Hello? we tested dozens of actual nuclear weapons after ww2...massive fall out and everything. Yet here we are 60 years later with no ill effects to speak of. No 50 foot tall spiders, hoards of rampageing rabbits, "minus the ones in Australia" no kids with three heads.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
cameraman (Offline)
New to JF

03-22-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
The point is because there hasn't been a massive explosion of the likes of Chernobyl means any radioactive material ejected into the atmosphere is not going up high enough to be able to travel that far.
In the French newspaper Figaro, you can see the spread of the radioactive cloud. ( Le panache radioactif japonais modélisé par les scientifiques )

The german newspaper FAZ wrote:

Specially dangerous is Jod-131. In the water and food with are produced in the region of Fukushima, you will find contamination specially in milk and spinach, with are this high that it will be forbidden in Europe to sell them. Expert expect, that the contamination will be nearly gone after some weeks.
Also the see is heavily contaminated ( FAZ: „Äußerst angespannte Lage“)

But in the 60tees the radioactive contamination on earth in the follow of atomic bomb testing should have been higher than in the follow of Fukushima, says Jacques Repussard, director of the Institut de radioprotection et de sûreté nucléaire the Figaro .

In long-term it is Cäsium-137 with have radioactive half-life of 30 years, with is enriched in the muscels. ( FAZ ) It should be not exactly clear how dangerous it , says the FAZ, but I would not eat contaminated food. In Germany there are in the follow of Chernobyl again some food that is contaminated.
(#59 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-19-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Because information is not just information. This is one of the big issues with information from the internet. Because anyone, anywhere can publish anything they want with absolutely no oversight of the veracity of their claims then one of the great challenges these days is to be able to discern if you are being told the truth or anything close to it. If it's from some of the most respected news outlets in the world like for instance the BBC then you at least have some measure of assurance that they are going to try and verify the information they release is correct. If on the other hand you watch Fox news or if in the UK you read the The Sun you can be pretty sure that what you hear and read is mostly crap. If you search some obscure internet blogs where the people writing are basically anonymous and you have no clear indication of their credentials or how exactly they get their information then there is little if anything they write that you could trust. It is especially hard to find anything remotely accurate about science from most internet blogs. Half the degrees these people have are from some obscure right wing, fundamentalist Christian university in the deep south of the US. For $500 you can get a doctorate to put in front of your name as well! It's one of the reasons there is so much misinformation about things like global warming and also why there is so much misinformation about what is occurring in Japan.

I'm agressive because there's a little group of people like you who have only recently started posting on this forum and purely in response to the crisis here. You know nothing about Japan. You know nothing about the situation here besides what information you choose to gleam from here and there. And your previous link shows the calibre of sites you are choosing to get informaiton from. I don't know what it is but people like you are suddenly coming out of the woodwork on this forum and I for one am not appreaciative of your naive insights and attempts at creating more fear in this country. That's why I'm agressive.
i'm with ya on this one. the more i read the less i find out. and now the only thing i know for sure is that i can't believe anything. it so happens that i'm one of those who registered on this forum to find out the validity of some of the stuff i'm hearing about the situation over there. in the end i was foolish to come to a message board for credible information. after all, as you say, this is the internet.