JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#131 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-03-2011, 04:23 AM

The US economy is 15 trillion..anyone else near that? Do I see any hands?, anyone? anywhere? China is a distant 2cd and has three times the population.

The US economy has trouble sure, so does the rest of the world, because the US economy is haveing trouble. The US economy drives everyone elses. Debt? Just forgive it...The US has done that twice before. What's china going to do? complain?

Again you guys miss the point, but I will make it again. The US is a continant seperate from the rest of the world by two oceans. It contains 25% of the world's natural resources. It has the best trained, best equipt army in the world. It spends 700 billion on defense just this year, that by itself is probably more than most countries GNP.

You think it's military is stretched?..not really. It's only strained because congress has limited how large it can be. We only have a few 100,000 troops, when the nation has a population that could easily support 30 million troops. National guard troops are a large part of our active roster, Lybia got beat up by weekend warriors.

Plus, how many nations can export tens of thousands if not hundred's of thousands of troops over seas? The US brings the fight to what ever country we are annoyed with. There haven't be foreign troops in the US since 1814.

Term; Both patton and McCarther wanted to attack Russia right after ww2, Patton was even willing to re arm the german army and have them come over with us. The US didn't because it's leadership choose a different path. That's what I have been trying to tell everyone and your not listening. The US could be MUCH worse than it is now, if different people had been in charge of it.

Look what Alexander the Great, was able to do with Just Greece, Imagine what he could have done with the USA as his base of operations. How bout Agustus Ceaser? I'll even give one for Kozyra...How much of the world would me muslim now if Saladin had been president of the USA?

Ture, much of that power comes from the natural resources and location. Isn't that what everyone says about winning wars? Location, Location, Location. The rest is based on our governmental system.

Now, I admit the Government seems to be doing things that are way outside what it was orginally supposed to do and who knows what the CIA or FBI or DEA or any of a dozen different groups are really up too. That's the american citizens bad there, we fell asleep on the job and less than honest types are running things and shouldn't be.
(#132 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2011, 04:33 AM

Oh please.

You can't suspend reality when it suits you.

Fact is if we can suspend reality to allow the USA to have a 30 million strong, world conquering army then we can suspend reality to allow China to pull that economic rug out from under you by asking for the money it is owed.

Neither is going to happen because the reality is that neither COULD happen due to a myriad of other factors that your narrow and simplistic worldview completely ignored.

Which is what destroys your entire argument.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

04-03-2011, 07:22 AM

Ronin, the US has forgiven it's national Debt twice in it's history, so president is there. China could ask all it wants and if the US said no, then what? I suppose the world bank could try to devalue the Dollar, but that would cripple an economy that litterally makes the world work. You know as well as I that won't happen.

It has nothing to do with trying to excape reality about fielding a 30 million man army. The US won't do that because it simply isn't in our nature to do so. I know that as well as anyone. The point I was makeing is this. The USA, as a country, has the ingrediants required for a world dominateing empire. It doesn't do that because the nation itself doesn't believe in that kind of thing. Today anyway, what about when some lunitic becomes president and decides to go for it?

It's the fact this country has checks and balances built into it that has prevented a Hitler type takeing over. The theme I have been strumming here is that if the US did succumb to blind nationalism because of some charismatic guy who got us all worked up over stupid things. Putting this country's raw resources and manifactureing capability into war makeing. How do you think it would turn out?

Do you think New Zealand could stop us if we really were out to crush everything underfoot? China and Russia? Honestly? Look at it from a realistic perspective, if the USA suddenly went all United American Empire on everyone, with the full intention of world wide conquest. Do you think anyone could stop it before either the USA won out right or the world was destroyed?

Does anyone really want an imperial USA wrecking havoc all over the globe? or would they rather keep things as they are with a giant economic bumbler stumbleing around awkwardly? Sure we break the funiture sometimes, but we mean well.
(#134 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

04-03-2011, 09:35 AM

Stop talking nonsense.

Like I said... if you're going to suspend reality for your little fantasy then anything is possible.

How about this for some fantasy. Russia nukes America back to the stone age in the face of American expansionism.

World is destroyed. Game over.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post showstoppers - 04-03-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Do you think New Zealand could stop us if we really were out to crush everything underfoot? China and Russia? Honestly?
Hmm.....not sure about China but Russia definitely can stop you. Even vietnamese demonstrated that "the best equipped & trained army" can be stopped.
(#136 (permalink))
Old
Serbiangirl (Offline)
New to JF

04-03-2011, 10:34 AM

if your economy is so strong why u borrow all the time?
maybe USA done twice, doesn't mean it will happen third time
foregin troops? but u never at home...always "visiting" other countries, bringing democracy or whatever u call it at that moment
weekend wariors? supose that's the best u have at the moment
best trained army? think again....to be good soldier, one have to believe in what is doing....USA army is everything but best trained army
as long as u fear ground....
US brings the fight to every country you annoyed with
and what are they doing to annoy you?
won't let u go away with a debt? won't give u resources for free? won't let u run their country? once u manage to take care of your own country you can tell others what to do...
location location....pitty the best locations belongs to "annoying" countries
but hey...thats why we have USA, to explain, take care of, bring democracy.....
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Serbiangirl (Offline)
New to JF

04-03-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Ronin, the US has forgiven it's national Debt twice in it's history, so president is there. China could ask all it wants and if the US said no, then what? I suppose the world bank could try to devalue the Dollar, but that would cripple an economy that litterally makes the world work. You know as well as I that won't happen.

It has nothing to do with trying to excape reality about fielding a 30 million man army. The US won't do that because it simply isn't in our nature to do so. I know that as well as anyone. The point I was makeing is this. The USA, as a country, has the ingrediants required for a world dominateing empire. It doesn't do that because the nation itself doesn't believe in that kind of thing. Today anyway, what about when some lunitic becomes president and decides to go for it?

It's the fact this country has checks and balances built into it that has prevented a Hitler type takeing over. The theme I have been strumming here is that if the US did succumb to blind nationalism because of some charismatic guy who got us all worked up over stupid things. Putting this country's raw resources and manifactureing capability into war makeing. How do you think it would turn out?

Do you think New Zealand could stop us if we really were out to crush everything underfoot? China and Russia? Honestly? Look at it from a realistic perspective, if the USA suddenly went all United American Empire on everyone, with the full intention of world wide conquest. Do you think anyone could stop it before either the USA won out right or the world was destroyed?

Does anyone really want an imperial USA wrecking havoc all over the globe? or would they rather keep things as they are with a giant economic bumbler stumbleing around awkwardly? Sure we break the funiture sometimes, but we mean well.
lets start please
(#138 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

04-03-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Hmm.....not sure about China but Russia definitely can stop you. Even vietnamese demonstrated that "the best equipped & trained army" can be stopped.
Don't mention Vietnam! They still haven't quite come to terms with how they lost that one
(#139 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile Vietnam - 04-03-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Don't mention Vietnam! They still haven't quite come to terms with how they lost that one
Yeah, I forgot. That's a very painful and complicated question for them
(#140 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

04-04-2011, 12:13 AM

Gonative; The US military didn't loose a battle in Vietnam, the American people forced the government to withdraw because they thought it was wrong to be over there. The irony is that now Vietnam wants us back because we spend money.

Serbiangirl; As high as our Debt may be we can pay it off easily enough, if we just focused. Too many corrupt politicians. The army is the best trained and equipt, I'm ex army and I believed full bore in what I was doing and why, no problem, no regrets.

Our troops are volunteers, they do what they do because they WANT to. The point I was makeing about Location is this, it wouldn't matter what nation was the US. It could be the islamic republic of serbia for all that...the fact that it is a continant containing 25%+ of the worlds resources with two oceans seperateing it from everyone else is what would dicatate much of it's power base.

I can agree with you that the idea of "bringing democracy everywhere" is dumb. Personally I think the US should go back to how were were before WW1. Free trade with everyone, treaties with no one. We didn't interfere with whatever you did in your country cause that was your buisiness. All we wanted was to trade goods with you. You can thank European wars for creating the US you got now.

Termograd; Come on, I know Russians can fight like demons, specially inside Russia proper. However, that's all beside the point. I have been repeatingly saying that the US is not nearly as bad as it could be if it was run a different way by different people.

Term; What would the world look like if Stalin had been president of the USA in 1945?

Serbiangirl; If Hitler had been president of the USA in 1938, how would WW2 have turned out?

That's what I been trying to point out. The USA has the ingrediants for a charasmatic person like Stalin or Hitler or any of a dozen world famous dicators to cause serious damage world wide. It has nothing to do with what I may personally feel one way or the other, all I have been saying is that for what the US could be, we aren't that bad.