View Single Post
(#140 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-04-2011, 12:13 AM

Gonative; The US military didn't loose a battle in Vietnam, the American people forced the government to withdraw because they thought it was wrong to be over there. The irony is that now Vietnam wants us back because we spend money.

Serbiangirl; As high as our Debt may be we can pay it off easily enough, if we just focused. Too many corrupt politicians. The army is the best trained and equipt, I'm ex army and I believed full bore in what I was doing and why, no problem, no regrets.

Our troops are volunteers, they do what they do because they WANT to. The point I was makeing about Location is this, it wouldn't matter what nation was the US. It could be the islamic republic of serbia for all that...the fact that it is a continant containing 25%+ of the worlds resources with two oceans seperateing it from everyone else is what would dicatate much of it's power base.

I can agree with you that the idea of "bringing democracy everywhere" is dumb. Personally I think the US should go back to how were were before WW1. Free trade with everyone, treaties with no one. We didn't interfere with whatever you did in your country cause that was your buisiness. All we wanted was to trade goods with you. You can thank European wars for creating the US you got now.

Termograd; Come on, I know Russians can fight like demons, specially inside Russia proper. However, that's all beside the point. I have been repeatingly saying that the US is not nearly as bad as it could be if it was run a different way by different people.

Term; What would the world look like if Stalin had been president of the USA in 1945?

Serbiangirl; If Hitler had been president of the USA in 1938, how would WW2 have turned out?

That's what I been trying to point out. The USA has the ingrediants for a charasmatic person like Stalin or Hitler or any of a dozen world famous dicators to cause serious damage world wide. It has nothing to do with what I may personally feel one way or the other, all I have been saying is that for what the US could be, we aren't that bad.