Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
alicewonderland (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy Radiation in Japan! - 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Temporary shelters and hospitals refuse to accept for fear that they can spread radiation! Now they are required to certificates that they are not exposed to radiation. 49-year-old Takayuki Okamura, one of the Fukushima hospitals refused to treat skin rash from his eight-year daughter, and it was quite a shock for parents... Read more: Last News: Japan Earthquake
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-04-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewonderland View Post
Temporary shelters and hospitals refuse to accept for fear that they can spread radiation! Now they are required to certificates that they are not exposed to radiation. 49-year-old Takayuki Okamura, one of the Fukushima hospitals refused to treat skin rash from his eight-year daughter, and it was quite a shock for parents... Read more: Last News: Japan Earthquake
I admitedly haven't read the article given, but I am sceptical about what you just said. I mean, can radiation even be spread from person-to-person? If it could then people who get x-rays or chemotherapy would be in isolation, surely? I'm not a scientist, but I doubt shelters and hospitals are turning away people unless they have ceritificates to say they aren't full of radiation.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-04-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I admitedly haven't read the article given, but I am sceptical about what you just said. I mean, can radiation even be spread from person-to-person? If it could then people who get x-rays or chemotherapy would be in isolation, surely? I'm not a scientist, but I doubt shelters and hospitals are turning away people unless they have ceritificates to say they aren't full of radiation.
I am a bit skeptical myself, not because of my view on how radio intoxication are spread, but the source of this news. This is a blog post, and its not from any trusted news paper sources. Now I have to admit, i couldn't open the link in the blog, when i did, it kept going around in a loop doing nothing..
(#4 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Just another 1st time poster posting absolute BS. It's getting very tiresome...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-04-2011, 03:54 PM

As for dermatitis by the radiation, the hospital that can treat is limited.

"Do the radiation measurement for the investigation of cause. "

It converts it into hysteric sentences.
Last News: Japan Earthquake

hot merchandise(Domestic generator)
vip512750[1].jpg

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff

Last edited by siokan : 04-04-2011 at 04:04 PM.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Lien (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Lien
04-04-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
I am a bit skeptical myself, not because of my view on how radio intoxication are spread, but the source of this news. This is a blog post, and its not from any trusted news paper sources. Now I have to admit, i couldn't open the link in the blog, when i did, it kept going around in a loop doing nothing..
Hover above it and click at the right moment.

Radiation can spread from person to person. You can be infected on the outside (radiation on your skin) or on the inside (urine, fesces, ...) and if someone comes in contact with you then this person could get infected (probably will).

(#7 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
04-04-2011, 05:13 PM

Afroman - Because I Got High , I think this is why the OP made this thread.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-04-2011, 06:13 PM

I heard about this report a week ago and I can believe it can happen. Hospitals have turned away patients they don't want to treat in the past. That, added to the paranoia that people can have when they're not fully informed of something can lead to these occurrences....
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-04-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I heard about this report a week ago and I can believe it can happen. Hospitals have turned away patients they don't want to treat in the past. That, added to the paranoia that people can have when they're not fully informed of something can lead to these occurrences....
I believe this could happen too, I think it is actually very common and typical in Japan that hospital will turn patients away. There are enough drama by NHK and Fuji conveying this message. I just didn't trust the source because it being a blog post and not a trusted newspaper source
(#10 (permalink))
Old
josebrown (Offline)
JF Regular

04-04-2011, 08:46 PM

It stories like this that makes me think "Hell yeah, America is awesome". Because whatever problems are here, they wouldn't turn you away from a hospital.
Closed Thread