LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-22-2011, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
So, yes, a girl in her 20s is likely to be considered weird if with a guy in his 50s. But *40s* is likely not to raise any eyebrows at all. I know a few couples who married when the wife was 20 something and the husband 40 something. I haven`t seen any sort of negativity toward that age gap. These days 40 seems to be the "new 30", so definitely not "old".
I love this country so much!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
05-22-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
I love this country so much!
Keep in mind that in that sort of situation, it is usually with marriage in mind. Not just dating for fun. :P So while I think it probably wouldn`t be too hard to find a 20 something willing to marry a 40 something, you may not find the waters so nice when it comes to dating. As the 40+ guys are generally looking for women to have their heirs - the 20 somethings looking for guys in that range are looking to settle down and have those babies.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-22-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Keep in mind that in that sort of situation, it is usually with marriage in mind. Not just dating for fun. :P So while I think it probably wouldn`t be too hard to find a 20 something willing to marry a 40 something, you may not find the waters so nice when it comes to dating. As the 40+ guys are generally looking for women to have their heirs - the 20 somethings looking for guys in that range are looking to settle down and have those babies.
haha thanks, yeah I figured as much also.
I think that the vast majority of 40s western men would be more than ecstatic to know that they could be married to a 20s woman, monogamously and devoted of course, over having to settle with the alternative :P
I spent about 14 years dating profusely and having a lot of fun in that way, it got old about 4 years ago, and the last 4 were actually in attempt to find a decent girl to stick with for some time, now I'm kind of out of that game I imagine by my 40s I'll be so glad to trade in for a newer model (hopefully literally!! haha)

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

05-22-2011, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post

You'd rather commit a crime in Japan than anywhere in the US?
ahhhh ....i don't have to commit a crime to know by who i rather be judged.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-22-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
ahhhh ....i don't have to commit a crime to know by who i rather be judged.
Yes, but why would you rather be judged in Japan than the US? Every legal system has its pros and cons, but I'd rather be in a country where I have the right to a solicitor and only 48 hours in custody (initially), to 28 days without representation and no one there to document just what it was the police were saying/doing to me.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-22-2011, 12:22 PM

People who are innocent get killed by the death penalty in America.. hardly any better if not worse!
(#77 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-22-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
People who are innocent get killed by the death penalty in America.. hardly any better if not worse!
That's a risk in any country with capital punishment. I don't doubt for a second that the same thing occurs in Japan, and - considering everything hinges on a confession, and how easy it is to obtain a confession in 28 days without access to legal council - it's probably more common in Japan than the US.
(#78 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

05-22-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Yes, but why would you rather be judged in Japan than the US? Every legal system has its pros and cons, but I'd rather be in a country where I have the right to a solicitor and only 48 hours in custody (initially), to 28 days without representation and no one there to document just what it was the police were saying/doing to me.
well, one example is that there are still states that require me swearing on bible. combine that with a red-neck jury who come to know i am an atheist and i'm screwed.

P.S BobbyCooper, did you know Obama still holds the rights from Bush to execute without a trial any usa citizen on suspicion of terrorism?
(#79 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

05-22-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
That's a risk in any country with capital punishment. I don't doubt for a second that the same thing occurs in Japan, and - considering everything hinges on a confession, and how easy it is to obtain a confession in 28 days without access to legal council - it's probably more common in Japan than the US.
Thats very true yes!

Just saying, if some Americanphilo thinks his America is such a humane righteous state.. well, think again!

Look at Europe and you are getting somewhere.