JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
If you were to kill someone... - 05-22-2011, 12:17 AM

So I was watching CSI the other day... I never fully followed the show, just catch episodes here and there and it got me thinking of how they give pretty great ideas on how to murder someone and get away with it.

I know they always catch the bad guy in the end but it's always some kind of genius plan and I wonder if this kind of shows -CSI, Dexter, etc.-, might inspire someone to actually commit a murder and come up with a twisted plan he's seen on one of these shows to not get caught. Because some of the crimes they work on are seriously elaborate and not easy to solve.

Take Dexter. It tells you exactly how to kill a guy and leave no clues behind so that it could never be traced back to you. Seriously, if I was to kill someone I would totally go Dexter style. It is genius! When I first watched it I was actually surprised they were showing it as fiction when actual serial killers could totally learn from his methods and become better at it; if I was one of them I'd find it super useful. Don't you ever think it may be kind of counterproductive to have these shows on TV that can inspire actual psycho killers to do some crazy shit? Seriously, I am all sane and in my senses, but when watching these shows I do wonder how I'd manage to hide a body and leave no clues that could lead to me when looking for the killer, and I think I'd do a pretty good job cause after all I've seen I have truly learned a thing or two, no lies xD

Have you ever thought about it? Do you think these shows make it easier for someone who's planning to kill someone to get away with it and give them ideas as to what would be the perfect way to do it?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-22-2011, 12:27 AM

Perhaps these shows have inspired some people to murder in the way of the show and we just don't know it. Just think of all the people here in the states that just disappear and are never found again.

I have thought about that in the past and it's quite disturbing how violent American shows can be and how different the states is to Europe. Nudity there is fine and a normal thing while violence on TV is not prevalent-the exact opposite as here.

And....congrats on La Liga championship! I'll be working Memorial Day weekend, so I won't be able to watch the ManU-Barcelona match. Destroy them!
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-22-2011, 01:04 AM

honestly if I were to be in a state of mind to kill someone I doubt I'd care much about the consequences..

I just can't conceive of a situation where I'd go so far as murder without also having gone so far as to lost hope

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-22-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Don't you ever think it may be kind of counterproductive to have these shows on TV that can inspire actual psycho killers to do some crazy ****
The majority of murders are either crimes or passion or for monetary gain. If you can determine who either was dating that person or who gained from their death, then chances are you can find the killer.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

05-22-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The majority of murders are either crimes or passion or for monetary gain. If you can determine who either was dating that person or who gained from their death, then chances are you can find the killer.
what if there is someone else who would gain more from a person's death than you? and you found a time to do the deed when that first person has no strong alibi?

it's always felt to me like it would be so easy to frame someone...

regardless though, to be pushed to the extent of desire for murder, I think my caution would be gone before that point

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Guza (Offline)
WTF!?

Send a message via AIM to Guza Send a message via MSN to Guza
05-22-2011, 03:45 AM

welll....if there are any disapperences or deaths in spain and no one knows who did it then its gotta be suki!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-22-2011, 05:20 AM

There are people in Spain?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Well this thread got my interest.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Don't you ever think it may be kind of counterproductive to have these shows on TV that can inspire actual psycho killers to do some crazy shit?
You know, everyone always worries what effect watching these shows has on people, does anyone ever worry about the people who write them? I mean take a look at how horrific some of these crime shows are, or some movies like Saw, I think it's far more worrying that someone can actually get into the mind of a psycho and write these things than for someone to watch and be mildly occupied for an hour . . .
(#10 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile shows - 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Seriously, I am all sane and in my senses, but when watching these shows I do wonder how I'd manage to hide a body and leave no clues that could lead to me when looking for the killer, and I think I'd do a pretty good job cause after all I've seen I have truly learned a thing or two, no lies xD
I have to agree.