JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-08-2011, 10:30 PM

I think that Siokan made a good point. If you were off the path, you were in there illegally - anyone finding you had every reason to suspect that you were intending to die in there.

A couple, looking to be in a "difficult" to fulfill relationship (parents don`t always approve of marrying a foreigner...), way off the path... You can`t really blame the guy. Not to mention that there are apparently plenty of cases of people just getting lost and dying in there even when they didn`t intend to at entering - when you`re so far from the cell towers, you may not even be able to call for help.

The sign says: "Turn back now. Don`t waste your life. Recall the faces of your parents and siblings."

You can see some similar stuff at Tojinbo - and will get the same treatment if you show up there after dark... And if you show up in the early morning you can sometimes see blood.

ETA;
Quote:
goes to show that Japanese people are indeed somewhat xenophobic...
By the way - xenophobic is not the word you want here. Noticing someone is clearly not ethnically Japanese isn`t quite "Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries." If he were saying he didn`t care if she died, and that she should die because she wasn`t Japanese - THEN xenophobia would be the right choice. As it is, referring to someone as gaijin carries about as heavy a meaning as calling someone a "blonde".

People using that word incorrectly is becoming a bit of a pet peeve for me.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 06-08-2011 at 11:16 PM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-09-2011, 01:23 AM

Two questions

1) Did you take all these pictures you have posted (as in "take a picture using a camera")?

2) How did the people that thought you were committing suicide because of "forbidden love" describe that state? How did they say "forbidden love"?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-09-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
1) Did you take all these pictures you have posted (as in "take a picture using a camera")?
Now that you mention it, MMM... I thought I had seen most of those pictures before somewhere - and a quick search turns them up posted all over the net.

Throws a bit of doubt over the whole story.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
tangomike (Offline)
JF Regular

06-09-2011, 01:45 AM

I only took the first picture.

I found the ones in the 2nd post online. someone wanted to see bones and such and I remember passing a lotta signs so I decided to post some. I didn't take any pictures of bones, clothes, objects out of respect.....also I didn't want to find a ghostly face or person in the pictures I took. most of our pictures are just of flowers, trees and mt fuji or ourselves.

Last edited by tangomike : 06-09-2011 at 01:57 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
tangomike (Offline)
JF Regular

06-09-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Two questions

2) How did the people that thought you were committing suicide because of "forbidden love" describe that state? How did they say "forbidden love"?
They said stuff like, "あら。。あの子達の 親達は けっこんをみとめてな かも” Ara anokotachi no oya ha kekkon oh mitometenai kamo" or something along the lines of that.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile doubts - 06-09-2011, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Throws a bit of doubt over the whole story.
I seriously doubt that Japanese policemen or foresters (rangers) would let human bones with jeans (suit or T-shirt) lay in the forest. This is a civilized country after all. And mentioned forest is not a wide and wild siberian taiga.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
tangomike (Offline)
JF Regular

06-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
I seriously doubt that Japanese policemen or foresters (rangers) would let human bones with jeans (suit or T-shirt) lay in the forest. This is a civilized country after all. And mentioned forest is not a wide and wild siberian taiga.
They only do one sweep in a year I think, that and wild animals stripping the flesh off significantly increases the decomposition. so its very possible indeed. Also the mentioned forest isnt as large as Siberia obviously but its still pretty damn big....and heavily forested so its got a lot of places to search.

You dont have to believe me, thats your right, but at the same time I have a right to share what happened to me.

Last edited by tangomike : 06-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-09-2011, 05:21 PM

Why don't they try and change it into something else?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿

06-09-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
Why don't they try and change it into something else?
What do you mean? I hope you don't mean bulldoze the forest because that would suck. Forests kick ass

Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform?
(#20 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-09-2011, 08:29 PM

I don't know,make a park or something where the bad bits are? Be hard to do without bulldozing I suppose.