JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-10-2011, 12:56 PM

about hugging. Well I would be very choosy who I hugged or who hugged me but genuine hugs are very very healing.

I once attended a heal your life course-- and one of the things we had to do after we had got to know one another-- was to choose a person to HUG-- and NEW AGE Music was played and we hugged for at least ten minutes. Not a sexual type of hug at all-- but I found it tremendously healing.

If one were to do that with someone close-- you might be surpised-- but it would need to be mutual.

It sort of took one back to early childhood and motherhood.

A hug a day with ones loved one, can be great also-------- it shows that you care for each other-------

children love to be hugged. but by their family--not outsiders of course. I only learned to hug when I had my own grand children. I had grown up without hugs at all. Our gr. children would so miss their hugs even now they are in their late teens and twenties.

MY former Japanese friend insisted that japanese people do not hug-- and especially in public. yet there were times when she too needed a hug but I feel her conscience rebelled against it, as though it was a crime. We are separated now as I was too fond of her and worried too much about her.

I liked the FREE HUGS campaign around the world too. So long as it is genuine and no perverts around.

They say that wrapping a baby really tight in a blanket or something similar makes the baby feel really safe and secure.

Hugs are a sign of caring for someone else.

even my son and grand son give me a big Hug.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-10-2011 at 01:01 PM.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
07-10-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
don't stop there, go the whole 9 yards in case you meet someone you want to make a great impression on!
Eh...I think you are teasing me and my silliness now. XD

Coffee prevents me from killing you.