JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SobaUdon (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese girls that stare at gaijin - 06-27-2011, 02:03 PM

I came back from Tokyo a few days ago. Something I noticed there was all the staring at me from Japanese people. I actually liked it, but a lot of girls (compared to here) stared at me too. How do I know if they look because they like me or simply because they're not used to seeing a foreigner?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-27-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobaUdon View Post
I came back from Tokyo a few days ago. Something I noticed there was all the staring at me from Japanese people. I actually liked it, but a lot of girls (compared to here) stared at me too. How do I know if they look because they like me or simply because they're not used to seeing a foreigner?
I highly doubt that the stare means they like you.

Foreigners stands out in Japan because they look different. Its the same stare we get when there weren't that many asian immigrants in North America.

People look at you because you look different.....
(#3 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Talking foreigners - 06-27-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobaUdon View Post
I How do I know if they look because they like me or simply because they're not used to seeing a foreigner?
Next time you should come to them and ask about.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-27-2011, 03:44 PM

A lot of people like "different"
and even if they don't like it more than normal, they still want to try it out.

A good portion of the staring people would be down for a test-run of "different".

edit:
just realized I'm probably going to get chewed out for what I said, so let me add
Japanese girls are not all sluts.
Not everyone that stares at you wants you to take them to a ラブホ.
That said, sex isn't bad. western foreigners are not common enough that everyone who wants to try it out has had their chance.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.

Last edited by RealJames : 06-27-2011 at 03:58 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-27-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
A lot of people like "different"
and even if they don't like it more than normal, they still want to try it out.

A good portion of the staring people would be down for a test-run of "different".
While I don't want to falsely inflate anyone's ego, my man RealJames here isn't lying

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
That said, sex isn't bad. western foreigners are not common enough that everyone who wants to try it out has had their chance.
I don't understand this sentence, but, who said anything about sex?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-27-2011, 04:13 PM

You guys are only contributing to the group that think they can easily get lucky with some hot sexy Japanese girl because they are caucasian.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-27-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
You guys are only contributing to the group that think they can easily get lucky with some hot sexy Japanese girl because they are caucasian.
Oh to go back to 1985 again.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-27-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Oh to go back to 1985 again.
Funny thing is, I wonder if the girls I talk to "pretend" to be more traditional or if these "Caucasian" groups are just talking to a different group of girls.

Most of the girls I spoke with are not open to the idea of just getting physical with a Caucasian because they are different. Their interest are only in the mind and cultural difference

According to the people that I talk to, the ones that will just openly jump in the arms of a forienger are girls that get around enough that the local don't want to touch them, not even if they stand naked in front of them.....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

06-27-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Funny thing is, I wonder if the girls I talk to "pretend" to be more traditional or if these "Caucasian" groups are just talking to a different group of girls.

Most of the girls I spoke with are not open to the idea of just getting physical with a Caucasian because they are different. Their interest are only in the mind and cultural difference

According to the people that I talk to, the ones that will just openly jump in the arms of a forienger are girls that get around enough that the local don't want to touch them, not even if they stand naked in front of them.....
Look, I'm normally not one to openly discuss this kind of topic because I don't like to portray any stereotypes either. Something many people wishing to come to Japan can't seem to realize that if they're unattractive, socially awkward, nerdy, or any combination of the three, they're not going to have any more success in Japan than they would back home.

However, if you're a mildly attractive to good looking foreigner in Japan, there is no denying that you will probably have better success rates than back home, and this is for two reasons. The first is, well, we're different, like everyone else said. The second reason is, because for some reason a lot of guys who come to Asia lose their shame, so they're much more likely to hit on the cute Japanese girl working at the bar than they would the white girl working at the bar back home. Being different and having no shame is a double threat. It's a numbers game. The more girls you ask, the more likely one will say yes.

To be frank, I'm decent looking enough. I'm not Brad Pitt by any means, but I've never really had a hard time talking to/going out with girls back home. With that said, I would never get scouted by some modeling agency or anything like that back home. But since I've been in Japan, I got offered to work for a modeling agency (a legitimate one) and although I turned it down, a friend of mine took the same company up on the offer and it's not gotten to the point where they're doing travel arrangements for him to do photoshoots, and he's just a Joe from Arkansas. I have another friend with a similar story (from Indiana.) And if people are willing to put us in advertisements, there's got to be more to it than what's in our heads.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography

Last edited by WingsToDiscovery : 06-27-2011 at 04:40 PM.