JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Are Japanese women in general attractive? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/38097-japanese-women-general-attractive.html)

SobaUdon 06-28-2011 01:29 PM

Are Japanese women in general attractive?

Are Japanese women in general physically attractive or do I just have the yellow fever? I kept noticing how many 8, 9 and 10s (attractiveness on the scale from 1 to 10) in Tokyo there was.

Do you feel there are more pretty women in Tokyo/Japan than your country?

ryuurui 06-28-2011 02:09 PM

if i reply to this i ll get banned, so better some one else does it.

WingsToDiscovery 06-28-2011 02:13 PM

I don't know your track record, as in if you were particularly attracted to Asian women even before coming to Japan, but it sounds like you've got the rose tinted sunglasses on.

JohnBraden 06-28-2011 02:45 PM

Yellow Fever....

I'm not saying there aren't attractive ones, but in the scale you describe, I highly doubt it....

dogsbody70 06-28-2011 03:18 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

spicytuna 06-28-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SobaUdon (Post 870128)
Are Japanese women in general physically attractive or do I just have the yellow fever? I kept noticing how many 8, 9 and 10s (attractiveness on the scale from 1 to 10) in Tokyo there was.

Do you feel there are more pretty women in Tokyo/Japan than your country?

The Japanese women know how to present themselves better than the girls in my country. I think that's the key.

If you were to see the same 8-10 girls without their makeup, fancy clothes, perfect hair, etc. I'm sure you'd see a huge drop in your ratings.

godwine 06-28-2011 03:49 PM

Depending on what you consider "attractive"... as dogsbody said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.. BUT there appears to be one common trait with "sexy hot" japanese girl - Heavy makeup and the most fasionable outfit...

whether they are presentable without makeup and without the fancy clothing? Well, beats me, but so far, all the girl that i was exposed to in japan does not fit that description...

Even my cousin's wife, she look darn attratice in her office clothing and makeup... try looking at her again on an early saturday morning with no make up and simple clothing.. its like 2 people...

RealJames 06-28-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 870141)
The Japanese women know how to present themselves better than the girls in my country. I think that's the key.

If you were to see the same 8-10 girls without their makeup, fancy clothes, perfect hair, etc. I'm sure you'd see a huge drop in your ratings.

well said.

Here are the factors that do it for me.
Women in Japan seem to to continue putting effort into being fashionable after getting married and having kids.
Women back home, once they get married the make up becomes a 2 minute thing instead of the 20 minute thing it was before, or it's just nothing.
Clothes go from hot to baggy jeans quickly too.

Then there's biological body size and weight.

Women are on average a lot thinner here. To me women who are less fat are more attractive, I understand this isn't true for everyone but it tends to be true for most men.

Considering these things, women are hotter in Japan.
But the reasons I gave are largely cultural and a white chick on a Japanese diet and living in Japanese culture will be just as hot as Japanese women.

Fr3sh 06-28-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuurui (Post 870132)
if i reply to this i ll get banned, so better some one else does it.

LMFAO AHAHAHAHAAH
This post is gold!!

Anyways personally I haven't seen any Japanese women (face to face)...but there is pretty and ugly women in every region of the world. And from what I'm hearing from the previous post....too much make-up is kinda wack IMO, I prefer women that are a lot more natural looking.

godwine 06-28-2011 04:32 PM

I have seen more "Natural" beauty from Poland than from Japan....