JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

Video sharing thats NOT Youtube - 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Does anyone know of any good Japanese based video sharing site? Like site that the local will use?

Or does everyone just use Youtube?

Is Noco Nico the only popular one?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

08-09-2011, 04:14 PM

I use tudou, it's a Chinese video sharing site but I've found it also has Japanese videos.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-09-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
I use tudou, it's a Chinese video sharing site but I've found it also has Japanese videos.
Yeah, I used tudou before, but i recently tried it at work, and got a number of warnings against attacks and stuff and was blocked.. other video site works fine at work, so i didn't want to go on tudou....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kakashi (Offline)
おやすみなさい

08-09-2011, 07:16 PM

how bout youku then?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."
-Shel Silverstein

"Who told me dragons did not exist,
then led me to their lairs
...one flew east, one flew west,
One flew over the cuckoo's nest."
(#5 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

08-09-2011, 08:09 PM

**edit: i just noticed you posted niconico in your original post. But from my observations in japan it was niconico or youtube. End edit**

Try ニコニコ動画 (nico nico douga). It's a Japanese video site. You have to register to use it but it's free. Lots of interesting videos on there. If you can't read Japanese To sign up let me shoot me a pm.

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com
(#6 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2011, 10:26 PM

Actually,I joined Niconico thinking it would be cooler but it's not that different to Youtube really. You still get copyright warnings. I got one recently,I couldn't read it but I knew it was something bad so I just haven't uploaded anything.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-10-2011, 05:16 AM

YouTube or Niconico is about it. There really aren't any others, and even if there might be a handful of tiny sites... They certainly aren't anything popular.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2011, 10:24 AM

Blip.tv is meant to be good.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizu View Post
**edit: i just noticed you posted niconico in your original post. But from my observations in japan it was niconico or youtube. End edit**

Try ニコニコ動画 (nico nico douga). It's a Japanese video site. You have to register to use it but it's free. Lots of interesting videos on there. If you can't read Japanese To sign up let me shoot me a pm.
Thanks Rizu, I already have an account with nico nico...

What I am looking for, is something thats like a Travel log.. you know, something similar to those National Geographic tourism shows, but Japan centric.

Youtube have a bunch of stuff that was done by tourist, mostly doing stupid things and making comments that I didn't appreciate, so i wanted to see if I can find something like tourism promotional video made in Japan for Japan....
(#10 (permalink))
Old
rizu (Offline)
New to JF

08-10-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Thanks Rizu, I already have an account with nico nico...

What I am looking for, is something thats like a Travel log.. you know, something similar to those National Geographic tourism shows, but Japan centric.

Youtube have a bunch of stuff that was done by tourist, mostly doing stupid things and making comments that I didn't appreciate, so i wanted to see if I can find something like tourism promotional video made in Japan for Japan....
I see. Umm I'm not sure about that. Your best bet would be personal blogs I think. But I can ask a few of my friends over tree if they know of anything along those lines. When I move back in January I plan on starting a travel/experience japan blog of sorts. :-)

*oh! And if you have any of the japan channels at all, they sometimes do travel specials and the such. **

だらだらが一番!

mochigashi.blogspot.com

Last edited by rizu : 08-10-2011 at 03:39 PM.