(#1 (permalink))
Old
fatalbert130 (Offline)
JF Regular

Caution. - 08-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Tomorrow.
Korean time.
15:00.
Cyberterrorism to 2ch which is Japanese huge net bulletin board seems to be started.
The server of this bulletin board is U.S.A.
Last year.
By similar terrorism from Korea, the American server fell.
As for the business of America, the part was thereby confused.
The ringleader of this terrorism is Korean cyber diplomacy group VANK.
VANK is private organization, but receives support with the Korean national budget.

[
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalbert130 View Post
terrorism
i do not understand how a gigantic hack fest is terrorism. terrorism involves murdering innocent people "in real life".
(#3 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2011, 04:23 PM

I don't quite understand what this is about. But if it's about hacking or cracking personal information from people it's bad, but still not terrorism. If it's about a DDOS attack it's nothing more than a peacefull protest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-15-2011, 03:16 AM

If you hack into the primary server that runs a country's power grid and turn it off purposely..and multiple people die because of the power outage..wich can happen..that is terrorism. It's why we bomb power grids when we send in drones, because looseing power wrecks havoc on a populace.

Terror doesn't have to be something that kills, your simply useing base tactics that cause fear to get your way. IE; don't cave in to my demands and I will burn down all your churches, or your homes or your schools or leave your hospitals with out medicines. It can take many forms, the threat to do harm in multiple ways is still terror wether it actually kills or not is not the point.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

08-15-2011, 03:48 AM

You guys have never heard of the word "Cyberterrorism?" Just because it's not the blowing up of innocent people you see on TV doesn't mean it's not terrorism.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-15-2011, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonNL View Post
I don't quite understand what this is about. But if it's about hacking or cracking personal information from people it's bad, but still not terrorism. If it's about a DDOS attack it's nothing more than a peacefull protest.
now that you mention it. ddos attacks are a very routine thing around the world. this is my opinion. we should instead be fighting institutionalized anonymity on the internet,

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
You guys have never heard of the word "Cyberterrorism?" Just because it's not the blowing up of innocent people you see on TV doesn't mean it's not terrorism.
i thought the word cyberterrorism came from the bush administration and then expanded by the obama administration. cyberterrorism seems to exist only in american politics.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

08-15-2011, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
i thought the word cyberterrorism came from the bush administration and then expanded by the obama administration. cyberterrorism seems to exist only in american politics.
Cyberterrorism is a global issue, with countries like China, Israel, and including the U.S. who have task forces working against it. It was brought to light in the 1980's, before the Bush administration, but it only gained mainstream coverage after he came to office. It's not only an American issue.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#8 (permalink))
Old
DragonNL (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-15-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Well, "cyberterrorism" is a random word made up by the American goverment because the hypocrites (more countries) don't like whistleblowers and activist groups etc. Hacking and cracking is a crime when it's used to obtain personal information from people. But then it's still not terrorism.

I quote an Anonymous member about DDOS:

Quote:
First and foremost, DDoSing is an act of peaceful protest on the Internet. The activity is no different than sitting peacefully in front of a shop denying entry. Just as is the case with traditional forms of protest…
Arresting somebody for taking part in a DDoS attack is exactly like arresting somebody for attending a peaceful demonstration in their hometown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
If you hack into the primary server that runs a country's power grid and turn it off purposely..and multiple people die because of the power outage..wich can happen..that is terrorism..
Someone who wants to do thát is A) just stupid or B) indeed a terrorist.
Activist groups won't shut down a country's power grid.

Last edited by DragonNL : 08-15-2011 at 11:18 PM.