JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ottomano (Offline)
New to JF

Post THANK YOU JAPAN. From Turkey. - 11-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Dear honoured Japanese friends, the folk with high morale value,

My name is Mustafa. A 26 yr old man from Turkey. I'm writing this small letter to reflect our gratitude and to show that we share the loss of the people who share our losses.

Recently an earthquake hit Turkey. Although it's at a scale (7.2) that should not harm anyone given today's building technology, many people died because of insufficient building quality. We received aid and help from other nations to save the remaining and cure the losses. Among these helps, one was very touching.

People from a far distant land, honoured people, you, have put money in anonymous letters and put them into our embassy's mailbox in Japan. People that don't help to show off, people that don't even write their names on those letters. That is very genuine. A sign of moral quality.

Then three doctors from your country flew to Turkey. They helped injured, tried to recover as much as they can. They even participated in our traditional (religious) festival, celebrated with us, helped the poor with us. (helping the poor is the custom of this particular festival of us)

Then another earthquake hit them while they are resting in their hotel. Because of our mistake that we haven't built these buildings properly, one of those doctors has lost his life under that hotel. He came to help the victims, where he became one of them.

We failed to do our job. Failed to deliver safety to the people. We apologize for that from our people and from you. And we thank you for the things that you have done. Actions like these are examples to humanity that remind how we should live our lives.

Thank you Japan. I will try to be there when you need me. I hope my nation will think the same way.

Farewell.

PS: Please share the word among your people, let them know how we feel.