JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
DutchTim (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Need help!! I would like a tattoo and... - 11-14-2011, 11:12 AM

Hi guys,

I'm new here on the forum, hopefully someone can help me out. My name is Tim and I'm from Amsterdam (in The Netherlands). I have an appointment with a tattoo artist in a few weeks and this is where I need a little bit of help. The reason I'm getting this tattoo (it's my first and probably my only one) is because of this year. It's been a fantastic year in which I turned 25, I found love, I got accepted in Film school (a long treasured dream) and last but not least, I went to a city I always wanted to go to: the beautiful Tokyo (most impressive place on earth).

So, to remember 2011 forever I decided to get a tattoo on my underarm. I want it to say "Eternal Sunshine" (based on my favourite film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) in Japanese. When I put this in Google Translate, I got the following: 永遠の日光

But are these the right words? I know some things are translated different in Japanese and maybe this has a completely different meaning (plus, I don't always trust Google Translate). Also, when I found the dvd cover of the movie, it said something completely different (see attachment)

Can someone please point me in the right direction. It would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much

xT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eternalsunshinejapan.jpg (141.3 KB, 16 views)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-14-2011, 12:19 PM

The katakana on the cover says, in essence, "Eternal Sunshine", syllabic translation....

As far as the kanji for it, someone ese will have to answer that....