JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
yamashita (Offline)
JF Regular

To Be Thin In Japan - 05-20-2007, 07:53 AM

you all know one thing:

japanese boys and girls are really thin.
they are thinner than western people by nature and also because of food.

but anyway its very trendy to be thin in japan too.
so I ve heard that many japanese girls want to look like their stars and
for looking like them. they would do everthing!
eating disorders or diets are really in common.

what do you think about it?

or do you have other informations?

schnickschnackschnuck
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Mattleninja (Offline)
I cannot be defeated

05-20-2007, 12:35 PM

It's similar all over the world, I'm sure you realise.

What's amazing is that a lot of Japanese food is quite salty and fatty and also a lot of Japanese people smoke, so why they are so thin is baffling.

Personally I think people can be whatever weight they want as long as they are happy, however if their weight then gives them health issues or creates problems for them then they should obviously change their weight; for example my BMI is below healthy and so technically I may be classed as anorexic because of that, but I am trying (dictating shopping orders) to eat healthy and if I had money I would go to the gym.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

05-20-2007, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattleninja View Post
It's similar all over the world, I'm sure you realise.

What's amazing is that a lot of Japanese food is quite salty and fatty and also a lot of Japanese people smoke, so why they are so thin is baffling.

Personally I think people can be whatever weight they want as long as they are happy, however if their weight then gives them health issues or creates problems for them then they should obviously change their weight; for example my BMI is below healthy and so technically I may be classed as anorexic because of that, but I am trying (dictating shopping orders) to eat healthy and if I had money I would go to the gym.
a lot of jap ppl do smoke.. i just read this article about women smoking during the pregnancy. Nearly half of female smokers in Japan continue smoking during pregnancy, though most are aware of the danger of secondhand smoke to children.

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Gerard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Gerard Send a message via Skype™ to Gerard
05-20-2007, 02:23 PM

I don't care if girls through food up or whatever after they ate... if it makes them look better then they should do it
but if it dosn't make them look better... well then.. Nevermind'

i know.. that's not what a doctor would say.. well im not a doctor.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Picture2Perfect (Offline)
JF Regular

05-20-2007, 02:28 PM

I think its so wrong, that people think they should go to such lengths to look like there idols, and even worse generally girls getting ill due to them striving to be models.
Why models are portrayed as being thin and amazing, and usually seen to be healthy which in reality is so wrong. Many models all over the world suffer from many side effects and illnesses of eating so little, why this isnt focused on more in popular magazines, mainly girls magazines is stupid. People that idolise these models and other such famous singers,actresses e.t.c should be notified of the problems many of these women face from being so thin.

Its wrong, i know i have focused alot on models, but i am just using that as an example of how people see there idols.

Will.

"You don't take a photograph, you make it."
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Gerard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Gerard Send a message via Skype™ to Gerard
05-20-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picture2Perfect View Post
I think its so wrong, that people think they should go to such lengths to look like there idols, and even worse generally girls getting ill due to them striving to be models.
Why models are portrayed as being thin and amazing, and usually seen to be healthy which in reality is so wrong. Many models all over the world suffer from many side effects and illnesses of eating so little, why this isnt focused on more in popular magazines, mainly girls magazines is stupid. People that idolise these models and other such famous singers,actresses e.t.c should be notified of the problems many of these women face from being so thin.

Its wrong, i know i have focused alot on models, but i am just using that as an example of how people see there idols.

Will.
.. well it's still better then being a fat ass girl
(#7 (permalink))
Old
HydroRaven (Offline)
New to JF

05-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Of course if you focus on the extremes (too thin or too fat), thin seems like the better option. You just have to find the proper balance between them.

Like the other user said, I don't understand why magazines focus on overly thin women for their models. To me, I thought a model was supposed to be physically attractive, and when I see these skin-on-bones girls, I'm just repulsed. Why can't they showcase healthy-looking women with curves? Maybe they want to save on the amount of fabric it takes them to make their dresses, who knows...

"Those with virtue lack skill, while those with skill lack virtue"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Mattleninja (Offline)
I cannot be defeated

05-20-2007, 03:30 PM

They were supposed to implement regulations on models weights, the idea was that all models that participated in the Paris, London and Milan shows had to have a BMI over 18.5, this however wasn't put into action much because a lot of them were never tested.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Mehi (Offline)
New to JF

Wink 05-20-2007, 04:22 PM

Hi guys!
by the way , personaly I prefer thin girls and I think they better than fat girls.
this my view about beauty. but that not mean she be very thin.
yes of course anybody have own view to beauty.

regards
Mba

Sunny Day from Syria
(#10 (permalink))
Old
luna2 (Offline)
HALO3 GAMER GIRL 4LIFE!

05-20-2007, 07:45 PM

wow very intrestin
but to tell u the truth i knw im no thin T_T
but im fine bein curvy^^
i wuld rather hav curves dan to be stick thin^^