JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

Japan Self Defence Forces - 05-24-2007, 07:04 AM

Here's video from the inside of a JGSDF AH-1S Cobra Attack helicpter on live fire shoot. The weapons operator sits in the front, the pilot is behind. They shoot from the machine-gun and a TOW missile.

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Fratello (Offline)
Emily's brother

Send a message via MSN to Fratello
05-24-2007, 11:13 AM

the JGSDF (Japanese Ground Self Defense Force) is awesome

Rest in peace Emily
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

05-26-2007, 02:30 AM

Five part video on the JGSDF, what they are, what they do, and why. It's produce by the Defence Agency (now Monistry of Defence), so it's in Japanese.

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

05-28-2007, 02:07 PM

Video of air combat training session for Japan Air Self Defence Force F-15. Notice how the pilots must breathe hard when the G forces reduce the oxygen flow to the brain.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
curious_jane (Offline)
"SIT BOY!!"

Send a message via Yahoo to curious_jane
05-28-2007, 02:26 PM

hhmmmm, this thread makes me want to go out and learn to fly a helecopter.... thanx for the vids

"...tears don't fall, they crash around me.
My conscience calls, guilty sin come home."
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Interesting thread you got here Avary-san, I never knew much about Japan's military and Fighting Units, actually I know nothing about it, but this can give one a pretty good idea of what it's like.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

05-30-2007, 02:44 AM

Video from the annual Japan Ground Self Defence Forces Firepower Demonstration at the Mount Fuji Training Area and Range. The public is invited to see things go "boom" "bang bang" and "ratata" in the flesh. I wish my own country would do something so kickass but I haven't cause for complaints; I've ridden most fighting vehicules and fired most weapons in our own arsenal. Perks of being employed by the Army.

The JGSDF showcases its tanks (Type 90 and older Type 74), armored cars, jeeps, motorcycles, mortars, artillery, helicopters (OH-1 Ninja, Chinook, UH-1, AH-1 Cobra), recoiless rifles, and even the Viper minefield breaching missile.

Good stuff ^_^

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

Western Army Infantry Regiment - 05-30-2007, 02:53 AM

Documentary on the Western Army Infantry Regiment, which is the JGSDF unit acting in the shock troop commando role, much like the US Rangers, the Canadian CSOR, the French Troupes de Marine.

(#9 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

06-01-2007, 05:15 PM

The second part of the WAIR documentary video.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

06-01-2007, 05:40 PM

RANGER the JGSDF Special Forces. This is a tv report focusing on a 34 year old soldier going to RANGER School. Average age for RANGERS is 26, so it's hard on him. But despite the hardships, he's well motivated by his family and pulls trough the hard training.