JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

Question Japanese and Blond (kimpatsu) hair why? - 10-16-2015, 09:25 PM

Hello all.

I have been pondering (thinking) what is the fascination (amazement) with the Japanese and Blond or kimpatsu hair?

When I did a home stay at my mothers friends house in Japan, all my Japanese friends used to keep encouraging me to dye my hair Blond, even the family I was staying with said the same.

Hare in London, many of my Japanese and English friends simply love how, black and straight my hair is.

I too believe that, black hair is beautiful, cute and has a air of elegance to it, since my return to the UK (London) I am very proud to have been blessed with black hair, I love it.

Please share your thoughts on the subject in a sensible manner.

Regards

Mio

Last edited by MioAkiyama : 10-16-2015 at 09:30 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Aoyagi (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2015, 09:44 PM

It's simply a matter of acquiring uniqueness in one's style.There's a book a just read called "On Blondes", by Joanna Pittman where she explains a history of the world's fascination with blonde hair. I love blonde hair, but no more or less than I love any other hair color. I actually favor red and very light ash brown cuz it's always soft. But anyway, back to blondeness. It's the 2nd rarest hair color in the world, and is therefore a recessive trait. That's why people are so drawn to it.:P
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2015, 10:20 PM

I'll look into that book, thanks.

On a side note, assuming that you quoted, Joanna Pittmans book "2nd rarest hair color in the world" I simply find that hard to believe, just walking down the streets of London I can guarantee that I would pass a blond person within the first 5 minutes, the same can be said for the USA. Many of my friends have genuine Blond hair (not dyed).

I do take your point that, every hair style and color has its beauty.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Aoyagi (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MioAkiyama View Post
I'll look into that book, thanks.

On a side note, assuming that you quoted, Joanna Pittmans book "2nd rarest hair color in the world" I simply find that hard to believe, just walking down the streets of London I can guarantee that I would pass a blond person within the first 5 minutes, the same can be said for the USA. Many of my friends have genuine Blond hair (not dyed).

I do take your point that, every hair style and color has its beauty.
In North and Western Europe, and in the US sure. But in the entire world population [proven fact] that black/dark brown hair is the most common hair color. Not to mention that light hair is an evolutionary mutation.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2015, 10:26 AM

Indeed black hair is most common globally, I simply overlooked that fact since I spent most of my time in the West, it must be a rarity in Asia, ah, that would explain why everyone wanted me to dye my hair Blond at my home stay in Japan.

Just highlighting though, as the Japanese director of "valkyria chronicles" put it, light hair is an evolutionary mutation however, in no way does it hold or claim supremacy.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Aoyagi (Offline)
New to JF

10-18-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MioAkiyama View Post
Indeed black hair is most common globally, I simply overlooked that fact since I spent most of my time in the West, it must be a rarity in Asia, ah, that would explain why everyone wanted me to dye my hair Blond at my home stay in Japan.

Just highlighting though, as the Japanese director of "valkyria chronicles" put it, light hair is an evolutionary mutation however, in no way does it hold or claim supremacy.
Wtf no DO NOT DYETH HAIR! It'll just damage it.:/
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MioAkiyama (Offline)
New to JF

budokan - 10-18-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoyagi View Post
Wtf no DO NOT DYETH HAIR! It'll just damage it.:/
Are you implying that if i was to use precision foam colour, it would damage my hair?

Precision Foam Home Hair Colour - 26 Shades - John Frieda

I wasn't going to dye my hair Blond but rather light Blue/Green, something like this,

Rather than this which is too light

Just you wait, Budokan hare we go!!! lol
(#8 (permalink))
Old
AzusaNakano (Offline)
New to JF

10-18-2015, 09:53 PM

Kimpatsu very kawaii in Japan, my hair now kimpatsu and cute
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Aoyagi (Offline)
New to JF

10-19-2015, 04:27 AM

I don't think John Frieda has anything that'll lighten black hair for coloring. As for your hair, that's your choice as it always grows back. In my opinion, natural always looks best. Japanese hair looks lovely when it shines in the sun.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Joanna1992 (Offline)
New to JF

Job Offer!!!!!!!! - 10-19-2015, 09:54 AM

Hi! I'm looking for a people who lives in JAPAN- to test a game! All you need is: 1.Samsung Galaxy S5 and S3 2. 2 different type of networks 3g & 4 g 3. 2 different carriers (most popular possibly, eg: T-Mobile and Plus for Poland) Game is free to download,of course we'll pay you 250$.

if you are interested in or would like to get more information please let me know, joanna.bryk@testroniclabs.com

You can check us on the web - TESTRONIC !

Cheers,
Joanna