08-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Who would summon anything like that??

*shivers*

Sophie
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-08-2007, 11:17 PM

I know me and a few friends are going to secretly call for Bloody Mary. I might try Hanako-obake. But I think that only works in Japan schools. Darn it, they have all the good ones. >.<

There are so many Japanese demons, it's hard to keep up with them. There's one that's a tree, and has a red hand hanging from the side of it, a tree with human faces as flowers, and a tree that can transform into a bird if lightning was nearby.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
digidested2000 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to digidested2000
08-08-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaelyn View Post
heh, a lot of monsters in Ragnarok Online are based on japanese legend.
Actually, they're more Korean based...
But to be fair, Korean and Japanese folklore share a lot of common ground, probably due to the occupation of Korea by Japan way back when.
Like, there's the toilet monster that was mentioned before, which grabs your butt and drags you into the toilet.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
08-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Along with the Japanese kirin, which is also sometimes called the Chinese unicorn. But, which toilet spirit are you referring to? Hanako-obake or the filth licker, or the actually demon that lives in toilets? Because neither of the first two drag anyone inside a toilet.

The nue, well, for those who've played KH 2, the big boss during the second go at the Lion King world, that big thing it's a nue.

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
digidested2000 (Offline)
New to JF

08-08-2007, 11:54 PM

Huh. I know there's a folk tale about a haunted toilet that asks "red hand or blue hand" and then grabs your butt and drags you in.
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Sophieneechan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-08-2007, 11:58 PM

The Norwegian toilet spirit (or rather: monster) bites your butt =S
I used to be scared of going on the toilet when I was a kid, because of that..
I didn't know any other countries had that..

^^

Sophie
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-09-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidested2000 View Post
Huh. I know there's a folk tale about a haunted toilet that asks "red hand or blue hand" and then grabs your butt and drags you in.
Ohhhh!! I know that one. There was an anime that featured it... I loved that anime.. I remember someone asked yellow just to be funny, and I think the spirit either let the person go, or pulled them in faster. I thought it was red paper or blue paper though. =\

(#38 (permalink))
Old
digidested2000 (Offline)
New to JF

08-09-2007, 12:02 AM

Hmm... different countries having similar stories... makes you wonder if the monsters ARE real after all!

And I know what anime you're talking about! I saw that and laughed. The monster got pissed at the person and opened some super-vortex portal thing.
(#39 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
08-09-2007, 12:04 AM

Actually.. I have to admit that everything concerning spirits, ghosts and dead people scares the f*** out of me. *shiver*

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

08-09-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanteNa View Post
Actually.. I have to admit that everything concerning spirits, ghosts and dead people scares the f*** out of me. *shiver*
Aww, hehe. *offers cookies*