JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Legoles (Offline)
JF Regular

What is testosterone therapy? Is it safe? - 01-09-2019, 05:33 PM

What is testosterone therapy? Is it safe?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Thorty (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2019, 03:13 PM

I was on Testosterone Replacement Therapy ("TRT") for about 12 years. I just stopped it after having had a recent prostate cancer scare. (The biopsy was negative, fortunately, but I don't want to play with fire.) A classic case of hypogonadism, the doctor tested me for male hormones (via a blood test called a male hormone panel) and found them deficient. He explained that insurance companies hate to pay for TRT because it's expensive and theoretically will be required forever. In my case, there was ample justification and so I was put on TRT.

Testosterone is one of the things that energizes males. With too little, one can seem tired and listless to some degree. I am a very active person so that state of affairs is not natural to me. Nevertheless, my father had prostate cancer so when the urologist noticed a spike in my PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) he called for a biopsy. I decided that regardless of the outcome, my days of TRT were over. Testosterone is one of the chief causes of prostate cancer and I know I'm pre-disposed to that. Regardless of my energy level, I definitely prefer being on the green side of the grass.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Jackkie (Offline)
JF Regular

01-10-2019, 07:08 PM

Yes, it is safe through a physician. The physician should order a testosterone level first. If the level is less than 500 ng/dL, the male patient needs testosterone replacement (either bioidentical testosterone cream daily or testosterone-self injection twice per week). Replacing missing testosterone will prevent heart attacks and strokes, will give him energy, restore lost libido and treat erectile dysfunction. If you want to get professional consultations I recommend Kingsberg medical, here you can contact them.